will marcus randal lead us to the promise land

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SmokeUBiatch, Jul 30, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah and borrow one of them doobies from Ricky Williams while u at it...that should help

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

it is "promised land". not "promise land".

3. DJ

DJ Founding Member

The buzz I am hearing from the 7 on 7 games in Summer workouts is that Randall is throwing the ball more accurately than ever, and particularly on long routes. Granted you don't do much reading of defenses in 7 on 7, and there is no pass rush, but you can certainly work on your mechanics and timing with receivers.

Remember how much Matt Mauck improved in his passing from 2002 to 2003. He went from being a QB with limited passing skills and good scrambling ability to being the SEC leader in passing efficiency.

With his additional time in the system and working with Jimbeaux, 2004 may be Randall's year to shine. I am expecting that he will have improved to the point where he will be an effective QB for LSU. Of course, no matter how well Randall does, Saban's comments at the SEC media days indicate that he will try to get Russell and/or Flynn on the field so that they can get some game experience.

If it turns out that Randall hasn't improved, and he cannot run the team effectively, you know that Saban will put the guy on the field who gives us the best chance to win.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since his name is SmokeU he just might be Ricky Williams weed connection.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The important thing to remember is that Randall will not be asked to win games, he just cant lose them. And about Russell, remember, Randall was a highly recruited QB as well, so dont go counting your all-american awards for russell quite yet. If you want to worry about our passing game, worry about the young recieving core. While very talented, they are still young, which means they dont k now how to run routes yet and they havent been hit by SEC caliber players. Some people dont look so good anymore when thye catch that quick slant and get the snot knocked out of them.

THe biggest thing that we should be worrying about for next year is not who starts at QB, its how well will this young recieving core block. That is what sprang alot of the long runs last year. Clayton and Henderson were terrific blockers, and that usually spells the difference between a 3 yard run and a 30 yard run.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

This "puller" needs a new string to jerk his "pull toy".

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hey Ramah, is that you at your kid's bday party in that pic?

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow.. I had missed this thread.. I wish I'd not seen it at all......

I hope Randall leads YOU to the garbage can and then leads LSU to an excellent season.

I hope that BOTH Russell and Flynn see some mop up duty throughout the non-conference schedule and would be elated if they were able to see mop up duty during the SEC schedule as well.

This year is for the FIFTH YEAR senior to shine and excel. Next year is for Flynn or Russell.

9. LSUterrill

LSUterrill Founding Member

No..... Randall will not lead us to the promise land....

Coach Terrill :lsug: :lsup: :tigerhead :eek:ldskule: :geaux: :helmet:

10. SmokeUBiatch

SmokeUBiatch Founding Member

i like those purple shades you gave to these people
    now remove them and watch some replays
    you people ar full of sun shine is it against board rules here if you want to see a new qb