will marcus randal lead us to the promise land

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SmokeUBiatch, Jul 30, 2004.

1. LSUfballfan11

LSUfballfan11 Freshman

It is "Randall" and "Russell" not Randal and Russel...

Anyways, this is a weird topic. It's like some of you are just waiting for LSU too do bad so you can jump on Randall's back.:dis: :confused: Com' on guys.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

No one is deleting your post. But if you want to pull against what we think is the best interests of LSU, prepare to be blasted. The best QB is Randall. I have heard a lot of hype, but I will trust the coaches on this one. They have not closed the door on the two youngsters, but the latch is about to be set...

The only way he will not be the starter is if he totally blows it in the fall camp. And that is BAD for LSU. Can't you see that?

Why can't people just pull for the current QB to do well? Why can't you see that he has the tools, he just has not had the experience and confidence? Can't you see what Jimbo has done in the past? As fans, why would we try to hurt his confidence and set him up for failure. And if you doubt that we have that much of an impact, watch what happens when he throws an early INT against OSU and "fans" like you start booing. This is the kind of narrow minded attitude that has helped keep this program struggling instead of dominating for the past 50 years. There are people smarter than you out there. I know it is hard to admit, but Saban is one of them.

3. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Is there a place on this forum for best posts? Because if there is, this post should be there.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Man, nothing gets my blood boiling like that. All of the "experts" in the stands just waiting for Marcus to fail are going to boo his mistakes. You can book it. If you are sitting next to one of these imbeciles, tell him to put a lid on it.

5. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

How come I have a feeling there is going to be an altercation in the stands between someone who wants to show their ass and boo Randall versus someone who doesn't want to hear it? Not advocating violence but I have a bad feeling about that.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Randall has 4 years in LSU's system and the respect and confidence of LSU's coaches ... who incidentally, guided LSU to a NC in 2003. Randall will be relied upon to play within his limits and use those talents inherent within LSU's Offensive Attack in 2004 ...

a punishing and talented OL ... that allowed a singular sack in the last half or so of the season after the Florida game on their run to the NC ... yes, a singular sack, look it up

a nest of talented running backs ... most with game-breaking ability

speed and talent at WR with most Sophomores in their 3rd year of the LSU system

LSU's offense ranks in the Top 10 in all categories among the 117 teams

Backfield (QB & RBs, FBs) --- 10th
    Offensive Line & Tight Ends -- 5th
    Wide Receivers -------------- 6th

Thus, those who whine about weak QB position and want a freshman to start need to ask themselves why LSU is ranked in the Top 10 Backfields with a Marcus Randall at the Top Gun position.

These clowns simply don't understand the LSU system or have any respect for Jimbo's ability to coach the talent he has. I seem to remember concern about Rohan Davey a few years back ... he came out with a fantastic senior season after getting few starts in his career ... and he was ranked #2 behind David Kelley when he came out of high school ...

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We are going to see a far different Marcus Randall this year than the Sophomore Marcus Randall who was thrown into the starting position when Mauck got injured. Randall goes into this season knowing that he is da man.
    We know he has the ability. He was all world in the first half of the Cotton Bowl. At this point in his college career he surely knows that he won't have to win the game by himself. If he can manage the games as well as Mauck did LSU just might be on the way to a repeat.

The presence of Justin Vincent alone should rank LSU's backfield a lot higher than 10th.

Even without Peterman the O Line should be the best in college football. I'm not sure how David Jones should rank nationally at tight end but the fact that he is a pre season 1st team All SEC should mean that he dosen't drag the O Line rating down.

6th is about right on paper for the WRs but if Amp Hill is healthy and if Early Doucet and the X Man come up bigtime LSU might have the #1 corps of Wide Receivers with the presence of Green and Bowe. Can you imagine LSU in a 3rd and 10 situation lining up in a 5 receiver set? Thats more speed than a NASCAR race!

8. max

max Founding Member

Y'all are a bunch of freaks with all this "attack anyone who dares criticize Randal stuff."

I would hope that Russell can run the offense enough mentally to lead the team, but I don't think he knows it well enough to unseat a guy who has been in the offense for more than four years. Obviously, knowledge of the offense is the only thing keeping Russell from starting. Randal is not even in the same class as Russell talent-wise.

That said, I expect Randal to start and probably start for the entire season. I expect that Randal will have an excellent completion percentage, touchdown to interception ratio, and number of wins, because Fisher has proven he can do that and the offensive talent around him is so great. Randal seems like a good guy, and I hope that he does great. I would not even be surprised if he sneaks into the end of the 2005 Draft based on his performance this season.

The reasons so many are rooting for Russell are many. People have not seen Randal play well and the team took a nose dive in 2002 when he took over. People want the exciting passing game that we had with Davey and they see Russell as the quarterback to do that. Chris Leak looked great as a true freshman. Why can't Russell handle it in his second year? If Russell could settle in at QB, the team would be much more dangerous.

To both groups: Don't worry. It will work out. Fisher will make Randal look All-SEC with a bubble screen-laden high percentage passing game.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The chief reason being that they don't know WTF they're talking about.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This LSU defense was the nations #1 scoring defense, only allowing 11 points a game last year and promising to be just as good, perhaps better this year. Can Randall score more than 11 points a game in Jimbo's offense?

Almost certainly.