Will Miles leave for Michigan?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bugsbost, Sep 9, 2007.

1. bugsbost

bugsbost Founding Member

Okay, this topic sucks and I really hate to contemplate this thought really, but lets face it, Miles is gone after this year (barring a total LSU collapse). Michigan is headed towards a dreadful year while LSU is headed the opposite direction and Michigan will most certainly offer Miles their Head Coach position next January if not earlier.
    Do we go with Pelini or do we really go after Spurrier like some think? Or perhaps look at Tedford or maybe Schiano?
    I am still basking in the glow of our win last night but this change is inevitable if we are realistic. Miles is a Michigan guy and I sense, by his answers to the questions about moving to Michigan, that this will occur if they offer him the gig.
    Sad but true, but who do we look to next? Would be so great to find a Mark Richt type guy who will be around for 10-12 yrs. Thoughts?

2. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Re: Miles to Michigan

Miles will stay. Now please go look at the other post on this same topic for answers.

2 people like this.
  3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Re: Miles to Michigan

These are going to get as annoying and aggravating as the Saban threads. Why do people continue to start threads about Miles going to Michigan. At least post in one that already started if you're going to continue on with that nonsense.

1 person likes this.
  4. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

How do you think this whole situation will affect recruiting? I mean on National TV Musberger and Herbstreit using Miles quote basically paint the picture that if offered he is leaving? I hope there are no long lasting effects from this one way or the other...

:geauxtige

5. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

do you mean the same musberger and herbstreit who dislike lsu very much? i wouldn't wipe my :shock:butt:shock: with their words.

6. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

My point is the fact that regardless who says it, a perception is being spread, and perception can be a reality. So will this "cloud" effect our recruiting/commitments?

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

This is getting to be ridiculous. Michigan has not even fired its HC yet and this guy has Miles already setting up house in Ann Arbor. Okay guy, now take a DEEP breath. Calm down. Everything will be okay. Michigan has a head coach and are not looking to replace him. It is very possible Michigan will turn this season around, but even if it has a bad season there is no guarantee Carr will be fired. Even if he is fired, and Miles is contacted, I do not believe he will be leaving Baton Rouge. So please stop sweating buckshots over something that has not happened and possibly will not happen. Geeeeeeee.

8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Those two were verbally fellating LSU during the broadcast last night. Did you watch with the sound on?

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I know that this is going to come quite as real shock to some people, but prospects do not make decisions based on speculations by ego-inflated sports analysts.

10. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

Miles will stay.... here's why I think he will

Everyone knows that michigan is where his heart is. I truely believe that he wants to coach there one day. But that day won't be anytime soon. He has a chance with this team to build a dynasty. That's right a dynasty. All coaches worry about their legacy and he can do great things where he is at. The recruiting, the fans, the money he will get is all important. He can always go coach his beloved Michigan 10-15 years from now.

I predict he will stay here for 10-15 years... LSU will win 3-5 national championships and he will secure his spot in the hall of fame...

1 person likes this.