Will Muschamp is the new coach of the Florida Gators

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 11, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ok, that wasnt a slap at you and probably came across wrong.

point was, that even tho muschamp may not have been who they would have initially preferred, maybe some other coaches didnt get past the "feeler" stage through an agent. if others thought they are worth more than fla thought, then fla might have been the one to say "no thanks" and moved on down the list. that could have moved those coaches way down on the choice list too.

rest of the point being it wasnt that fla was turned down, but that after initial contact fla did the turning down. your original post made it sound like fla was the one rejected.

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

That's entirely possible. My point wasn't so much who might or might not have turned Florida down, but rather the difficulty that is faced in trying to replace a winning coach. It amazes me how many posters think it will be no big deal replacing Miles - that LSU will have it pick of coaches - and it just ain't that easy. That's my point.

2 people like this.
  3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

then i read your post wrong. and i agree with that. a school doesnt just snap its fingers and get "the" coach.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The Texas staff is almost all gone and the word is that Applewhite is going to be the OC and Texas is also losing their WR coach to the head coaching job at Kent State. I think Mack and maybe a couple of others are left.

5. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Man I love to see the gator nation meltdown this season.....

By Bull Gator | 12/11/10 - 08:58 pm
    Well welcome to Zook redux

6. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

you should see orangebloods.com, they are in melt down mode too.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We may be witnessing the end of the big 12 here. Tx was the glue that held the whole thing together. Should be interesting to say the least.

8. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

One Austin sports reporter tonight on why he thinks this happened...

At least one source told me Brown had decided in the offseason to step down at the end of the 2010 season, but he changed his mind after his first losing season at Texas, worried that his legacy had been tarnished.

Muschamp was annoyed by the decision, sources close to the football program have said, and chose to leave what he thought was promised him: arguably the best coaching position in the country because of Texas' enormous resources, facilities and budget and the recruiting edge that is the Lone Star State.

9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I think this is the perfect hire for us....WM will keep UF good enough (top 10-20) without being dominant (top 1-5). Im talking on a consistent basis.

1 person likes this.
  10. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

i am thinking more like UF will now be battling vandy and uk for the last 3 spots in the east. no but for real i see this as a good thing as well, they will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in the east now, winning it every once in awhile. which should open up more of florida for us as far as recruiting.