Will Muschamp is the new coach of the Florida Gators

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 11, 2010.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This for sure, I've recently learned that there are more high schools in Houston alone than in the entire state of Oklahoma. That is amazing in itself. Throw in the rest of that giant hunk of dirt and you've got some pretty good litters to pick from. Amazing they don't have a QB or a RB. How does that happen?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes and ESPN said Miles had taken the Michigan job and Saban said he would not be the coach at Alabama. Take what all of these guys say with a huge grain of salt.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I wonder if the fact that Will doesn't have to worry about bowl preperations and can start tonight was much of a factor.

The speed is kind of strange. It's like Foley thought he had to close the deal before Muschamp got away.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, that was a quick search and hire. Even if he was not #1 on their list (despite Foley saying he was the ONLY one they engaged discussion with, you know they had feelers out on others), he must have been fairly high. A bit of a risk hiring someone with no HC experience whatsoever. He will certainly take a little time to get up to speed as a rookie HC with a new team.

Any way you slice it, the dramatic changes at FLA and Texas are short term positives for LSU. And it happens to be two programs I personally have the most dislike for, so I am loving all of this.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I'm thinking the rush to hire was prompted more out of fear that UF might lose top recruits if a hire lingered past key bowl games.

7. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Of course I have no way of knowing how he will do in the future, but I like the fact that he has no HC experience, and that his team just went 5-7 with 55 four star and 10 five star recruits the previous 4 years.

I'm guessing FL fans are nervous. They should be.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree but there was obviously a lot of internal strife going on at UT. One thing I read was Mack's recruiting promises coming back to haunt them. Example, telling a QB no one would be recruited behind him in a given class if he would commit then having to pass on someone better, later.

Supposedly caused assistants a lot of frustration when things like young players able to earn PT on defense but not on Oline was another.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i hope you are right. i hope he doesnt return and keep them dominant.

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. He has potential but there is a lot to deal with. The biggest winner here is our Cotton Bowl opponent. They have an opening this year to grab some recruits they wouldn't usually get a sniff at and move up a level. But the window will close quickly.