Will Muschamp

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Apr 5, 2005.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I went to the Miami Dolphins website just for the hell of it. When I clicked on Coaching Staff, I was surprised at Will Muschamp's position. They have him listed as Assistant Head Coach/Defense

Pretty nice title for a young guy like that.

2. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Nice title, but it means he's not the DC, not the d-line coach, not the linebackers coach, not the secondary coach, etc. Sounds like he's a rover to me.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yuor'e right. He will probably work with the DC and Saban, maybe even be somewhat of a go between. He'll also be on board already, getting experience for when the DC gets a HC job or can't take Saban's 18 hour work days and moves on to another team.

4. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

will muschamps intensity will be missed more than saban.

I used to love watching him on the sidelines getting in everyone's face. He'll be a college head coach one day.. he's too intense for NFL players.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If Saban who knows his talents better than anyone else thinks he isn't qualified to be a position coach at the NFL level what makes you think he would get a look at the DC job over someone else on the staff that is? Muschamp looks to have great potential but seems to be a long long way from being ready to handle anything more than holding Sabans clip board if Saban doesn't even have enough confidence in him to make him a position coach. I like Muschamp but he is very young an inexperienced compared to most other NFL DC's. JMO

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Sounds more like" gopher " than rover.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

IMO, he was just too young to be a DC in the NFL. Saban wanted experience at every position but also didn't want to lose Muschamp...Give him five more years and he will either be a top position coach in the NFL or as DC for a major program in college again...

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This what I was implying. That he neds experience at this level but that Saban knows what Jimbo brings to the table in following Saban's idea's in running the D.

Getting a look is just that, getting a look, no certainties. If at the time the DC leaves Will is not the man for the job than Saban will go in another direction.