Will Shepard Throw a Pass?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 20, 2010.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was holding out hope for a while but I've already caved on my deal and shaved. If our brain of a coach won't take JJ out of the game and let Lee throw a pass or two then what are the chances of Shep getting to launch one? Hell I'd look like rip van winkle before it was said and done.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. Doesn't matter if its incomplete. Have him purposely overthrow it (away from defenders). If you show it once, then it becomes a possible threat and will keep the safeties from cheating up.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

:thumb:

I do not understand.

If they don't unveil it this weekend, then clearly it's not a normal part of the gameplan, but "trickeration" - and if so disappointing (at least to me).

However, I'll get over it with a nice easy win over the West Virginia Fastest-team-ever-you-can't-even-see-them-Mountaineers.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You call that a pass??

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Shepard is not the only former-high school quarterback playing for LSU, he's just the highest-profile one. I'm sure every safety in the SEC has been instructed not to come upfield until Shepard is across the line of scrimmage.

But the best halfback passes come from players they don't expect. Let's say that the Reverend Doctor Randle got the ball on a reverse . . . there are safeties in this league who might bite on the run and leave their man deep.

Just sayin' . . .

6. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Been thinkin this...he did put up some pretty gaudy numbers his senior year playing QB...

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Tim Tebow was 8-12 passing before the LSU game that year. Tebow had 32 rushing attempts before the LSU game. He ran the ball 1 time in the first game that year. He threw 9 passes in the 2nd game. Russell Shepard has 62 rushing attempts in his career at LSU. What are we waiting on?
    When Vince Young had over 500 yds against USC in the national championship game, his ability to run/pass had the USC defenders so confused he could have done either on any given play with success. Bandit is right. It is far more effective as a feature than a suprise.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sure but DE's are preached to about trailing plays too but sometimes they get complacent and open up that reverse. Aggressive defensive players try and out-think the offense.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Baaahh. I haven't shaved since Christmas day of 1976 . . . but I do own some scissors . . . :hihi:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen at Florida, with a jump pass out of the wildcat to rub it in Oscar Meyer's face.