Will Shepard Throw a Pass?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 20, 2010.

1. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I've kind of give up hope on this. It seems like we would have seen it some time last year. I dont know, I've been wrong before.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If he does ever throw one, I can almost guarantee you it won't be a long one. It's been said many times, and I've seen it personally.. He doesn't have the arm for it. He's smart and knows how to make the reads, but he can't get the ball there quick enough if it's anymore than 15-20 yards. I know I'll get jumped on for saying that, but it's the truth.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

If he ever throws one, it'll probably end up being pretty wide open for the fact that no one (including the coaches) expects him to throw. If LT, Randle-el, and McFadden can throw, then I don't see why Shepard can't.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

People jump on you for telling the truth too? Hmmm.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I watched him too. This is true. "Cannon" is not a word associated with him. He did make a lot of good throws in high school, but I am fairly certain the SEC moves at a different speed.

If he could throw it well, he would be chunking it all over the place. I just want him to be able to make a meaningful play in an important game.

6. Swerved

I agree there. He did make some good throws in HS.. He has the strength to get the ball down field, the problem is more with the way it tends to sail when he does it, rather than being a frozen rope.

I would have no problem with them using him as a QB for some plays, and especially to catch people by surprise. It would just have to a quick throw to someone in open space. Incidentally, he's probably the most dangerous on our team in open space, so he'd have to lob it and run out under it and catch it.. :rofl:

He's definitely not a bomber though.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krckeKxmSyM]YouTube - Russeel Shepard Passing Plays!!![/ame]

check out the 50 second mark. I like that play.

8. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

We are not allowed to view anything that might indicate that RS is capable of throwing a pass. Minds much greater than ours have indicated that this is taboo.

9. Swerved

FIFY :thumb:

For what it's worth, believe it or not I'd love to eat crow on this.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Do you even bother to consider why someone had to make a youtube of him entitled "Russell Shepard PASSING PLAYS"?? It's because every single other team knows the same thing the LSU coaches know. Not one single other BCS program even considered Shep at QB...and there's a reason for that. That reason isn't because BCS schools weren't recruiting him...it's because he is NOT a good passer at this level. Get over it.

Swerved has it dead on. If he throws, and I still think he will, it will be a short pass to a wide open receiver. LSU fans will then flood the internet calling for Shep to start at QB the next week.