Will the A&M game be special?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 23, 2015.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

Last game for the seniors in Tiger Stadium. Last game for Les. It's obvious the decision to let him go has already been made. 99% certain. Given this will be Les's last game in Tiger Stadium, I hope the team can deliver a win and the fans a rousing ovation to send a legendary coach out with class. Even though an official announcement likely will not be made before the game, will the crowd still understand it's Les's last game? Weird situation to say goodbye in advance of the actual firing, but would be a shame if the fans can't take the opportunity to say goodbye. Les may exasperate many, but even among those fans who feel its time for a change, there is affection for Les and sadness at the end of an era. If it could be done without appearing disrespectful, one almost wishes the band would play "For Auld Lang Syne" or "he's a jolly good fellow."

TheRealist and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Oh, that kind of special.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

maybe we can get lil boosie or kevin gates to sing auld lang syne and for hes a jolly good fellow to honor him, finish it up with our alma mater.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I hope that the team wins it for Coach. Would be nice to see him go out with a win.

5. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Nope. It's Snoop Dog/Lion. I have credible information that he's on the Northshore this weekend. Not even kidding.

6. roynav

roynav free your mind

Tirk, great idea! Those of us with hearts can do exactly that, while you stick pins in your tattered Les Miles doll.

7. marrykhush1990

marrykhush1990 Freshman

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

something is off about you.

but i do have a saban voodoo doll on the fridge ive had for years with liar liar thing on it.

sorta like this wrapped around it.

[​IMG]

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I wouldn't put the % of this being Miles last game/year as high as 99%. But regarding your original question, I think it will be special. Senior Day, Defense vs. their old Chief. Rivalry Week. I think LSU runs the ball down Chavis & A&M's throat.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was going to say aren't he and Les supposed to be friends? I can't imagine what they would talk about.