Will the A&M game be special?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 23, 2015.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

I don't disagree with any of what you wrote. It was time for Les to go. But the way it has been handled is shameful and has hurt LSU football, cost them games, recruits and goodwill.

TheRealist and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. roynav

roynav free your mind

Anybody know the status of Brousettte's knee injury? Poor kid has had some rotten breaks. Reminds me of how Les lended his support above and beyond the call of duty when Brousette's brother died

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I don't like that it public too soon either, puts Miles in an embarrassing spot, but I don't think it is as bad as all that.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You may be correct, but it will all wash out in less than a week, esp. if Jimbo is truly our next HC. The ship will get righted, the parties involved will kiss and make up, at least publicly, and LSU will march forward into the 21st century offensively. Finally!!

roynav and Bengal B like this.
  5. roynav

roynav free your mind

Nice to see some optimism. I hope you are right.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Yep, it hasn't been the high point of LSU football, but breakups usually aren't. I'm not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, so who knows why the board guy said what he did. Maybe he felt like he needed to send a louder message. Maybe Miles made some promises he didn't keep. I don't know. I don't like how it's played out, but I don't think it has hurt football, cost games, or lost recruits yet. Goodwill, perhaps, but that's to be expected. I also think the jury is still out on Alleva, and if I were on the board I'd put his ass on notice, as well.

COTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. roynav

roynav free your mind

All good points. We can't know for sure but I think the shenanigans cost us the Notre Dame game and the Ole Miss game (demoralized staff/team). Would the defense have been better with Chavis? Quite possibly. And Cameron's contract status likely cost us Franks. Opposing schools are clever enough to point out to Franks that Cameron's contract wasn't renewed.

So we end up with the extraordinary situation of Les Miles coaching what we all know will be his last game in Tiger Stadium, even though it hasn't been announced yet. I hope the fans let Les know how much he's admired and appreciated for the class he's shown over the years.

8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

image.jpg I

9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I have a feeling these kids are gonna play well this Saturday for Les.

Just a hunch.

10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Lets toss this yam around the room. Two questions- One - any chance win vs Faggies saves Les? Two- if he's gone when does the bullet hit the bone? Whoever gets closest to time of official announcement wins a Jim Hawthorne Christmas CD.