Will the Brady defenders please step forward!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 17, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Jeffinbama and BasileTiger, you take TWO steps forward...

I want your "season in review"...

I want to know why we let Jaime back on the team...

I want to know why we didn't adjust offensively to our weak points?

I want to know why we weren't coached better to combat a zone defense in the early season?

I want to know why John Brady is jumping on his back in the South Carolina game?

I want to know why Darrell Mitchell, Jr., is the only player remaining from the 2002 signing class.

I want to know why Brandon Bass and Tack Minor still play with unsteadiness, and exhibit huge swaths of "freshman-itis"?

I want to know why Antonio Hudson has regressed in his 3 years on campus?

I want to know why Lazarre and Neltner weren't given more playing time early on?

I want to know why we go so damn cold so damn often?

I want to know why we were so inconsistent this year?

I want to know why we get so high, and then fall flat on our asses?

I want to know why we are so streaky?

I want to know why you want this coach to remain with all the questions that I have-that are totally honest and pertinent ones?

Please...start your explaining engines...It's officially the OFFSEASON!

2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

I would like to know the answer to this question. JB never discussed this and the media never had the balls to ask why.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

As in most cases...The silence will be deafening...

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Like ole miss fans, dust in the wind. :dis: :dis: :dis: :geaux: :lsug:

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

TE, you certainly have an axe to grind with this man. I'm no Brady supporter, but rarely have I seen someone so consumed with rage in bashing a coach as you are with John Brady. Doubtless you have your reasons.

I don't know why calling his supporters a "Butt Munch Lunch Bunch" is necessary, though. Disagreement among LSU fans is one thing, but to me this is taking it to an extreme level. But again, that is just me and my mild ways and maybe someone will blow me up for this.

You have stated that you know things about Brady's personal behavior off the court that disturb you, and I have no reason not to believe you. Any behavior on the part of a coach (or anyone representing LSU in an official capacity) that compromises the integrity of my alma mater is offensive to me, as it surely must be to you. Brady has also commented that he is "not a favorite" among his coaching peers. Among all the things he has said and done, this statement disturbs me the most because within that statement is self-incrimination. Why would other SEC coaches dislike John Brady? Is it shady recruiting (and retention) practices. Is it personal conduct? Whatever it is, it suggests something foul. LSU coaches should be respected by their peers, not loathed.

I don't have enough personal knowledge of the John Brady situation to assert whether he should stay or go. If he is fired, I'll say this: if we are looking for a Nick Saban to come coach this basketball team, we probably aren't going to find one because I'm not sure there is one. Then again, if basketball success can be had in Starkville, it can be had in Baton Rouge... or anywhere.

6. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Brady Butt Munch???

Obviously, you of all people haven't read my post in the past two months on this team. Mr. TigerEducated, I totally agree that John Brady hasn't done a great job of coaching this year. You sure do have alot of unanswered questions about this LSU team. We all do.

Your question about why Ross Neltner hasn't received more playing time??
    My answer to you is that Neltner is not a very good basketball player. He came in as Kentucky's Mr. Basketball but was not recruited by Kentucky or Louisville. Makes sense?

LSU has no leader. They are young. John Brady isn't doing a great job of coaching, most of us agree on this.

I say give him one more year.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't mean to derail this topic, but can LSU afford to pay a high-profile coach to replace Brady? With what we are paying Nick, I can't imagine that Skip has deep pockets for us to go out and get the kind of coach everybody would like to have.

Replacing Brady with another mid-level talent is not going to make anybody happy, I presume. My question is "If not Brady, who?"

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

again this is alot of brady talk for a guy who "recused" himself from discussing it long ago.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Martin, you have posted your complaints about TE very often but are adding anything else to the discussion, so what if had recused himself, he can change his mind any time he wants. If you look at the numbers far more people want Brady gone on this board so it's not just TE. I was a Brady Backer till I really looked at the real numbers with regard to how many recruits he was able to bring in and how many players he has lost each year, as well as not developing an offense or point guard in seven seasons, the attendance, his demeanor, his interviews, etc. I don't hate the guy like some but I also don't love him by any means. If he comes back for another year I will back the Tigers and hope for the best but I just don't think he should come back with the shape of the program getting worse. And when I say program I am notting talking about this year's recrod and collapse but the overall state of it, which too me is very bad at this time and appearing that it will be worse in the future.

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

TE I want your explanation of why you said that Brady was a good coach. Your attacks in the past few months have been questions about his character. However you stated at the beginning of the season that he is a good coach. Have you changed your mind?