Will the Brady defenders please step forward!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 17, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

if you are going to recuse yourself, do it. if not, don't say it. especially if you have no plans to recuse yourself, but actually plan voice the strongest opinion around about brady, as well as call the brady supporters ridiculous names.

look, we know TE had his feelings hurt by brady. we knew that before he recused himself. does it a"add to the discussion" to make up infantile names for brady supporters and call them out as if they are required to answer stupid questions like:

"why we are so streaky?"

isnt that obvious?

or

"I want to know why we let Jaime back on the team..."

because we wanted to finish second and not last. how are these questions so stupid?

TE, i understand brady hurt your feelings, i hope you can overcome it, and learn to be silent.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Before Jamie left LSU was 17 and 2. So I don't know what problems you are referring to up to that point. When Jamie left/hurt we won 2 games and lost 8. We no longer had the inside presence that the team had been BUILT around. Our outside shooting was suspect all season but with Jamie inside it balanced out. Now we had to go with a totally different offense based on outside shooting and it didn't work out like we had hoped.

Four or five of your questions all asked the same thing so I'll just say that I don't even think Brady can fix a team that goes hot and cold the way this one did. It all boils down to shot selection and a players ability to sink it.

My only complaints about Coach Brady is he needs to address his players with respect. It is ok to fuss but don't call him 'stupid' or 'idiot' as some have said he has done. This could possibly, and I stress possibly, be a reason why some players have left. The other is I would not have let Jamie back after punching a teammate. He would have been out the door then. But then I'm not privy to any underlying circumstances that made him decide to bring him back.

In summary...Jamie stays and we would be playing today or tomorrow in the NCAA tournament. The team was focused around Jamie and such a major change so late in the season was hard to overcome. So that's my opinion for what it's worth.

3. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I'm not those guys, but don't mind taking a crack at a quiz every now and then.

I want your "season in review"...
    Season In Review. The success of this team was built upon the shaky foundation of Jaime Lloreda who has been a ticking time-bomb academically and emotionally since he signed with LSU. For a 1 1/2 years we got away with only minor things like constant academic trouble and breaking a teammates jaw. We couldn't make it to the end before the entire base of this team, Jaime Lloreda, crumbled as it was constantly at risk of doing.

I want to know why we let Jaime back on the team...

Because even with the weak 11 game cupcake nonconference schedule, we would have been at risk of not making a post-season tournament without him.

I want to know why we didn't adjust offensively to our weak points?

Because neither the head coach nor either assistant has any idea how to coach offensive schemes in basketball.

I want to know why we weren't coached better to combat a zone defense in the early season?

See above.

I want to know why John Brady is jumping on his back in the South Carolina game?

I want to know why Darrell Mitchell, Jr., is the only player remaining from the 2002 signing class.

Because unless Butch Pierre has a very strong in with a player, LSU has no chance to get a good, stable, quality player. And it benefits Brady to have players quit or transfer to enable him to blame bad luck.

I want to know why Brandon Bass and Tack Minor still play with unsteadiness, and exhibit huge swaths of "freshman-itis"?

Because they are getting no coaching. That's an easy one.

I want to know why Antonio Hudson has regressed in his 3 years on campus?

See above.

I want to know why Lazarre and Neltner weren't given more playing time early on?

Where would they play? Brady had to ride Lloreda as long and as hard as he could until, as it turned out, the inevitable occurred.

I want to know why we go so damn cold so damn often?

No coaching.

I want to know why we were so inconsistent this year?

No coaching.

I want to know why we get so high, and then fall flat on our asses?

Very easy nonconference schedule, weak overall SEC, currently 0-4 and counting in postseason tournaments, and once again poor coaching.

I want to know why we are so streaky?

I want to know why you want this coach to remain with all the questions that I have-that are totally honest and pertinent ones?

Please...start your explaining engines...It's officially the OFFSEASON![/QUOTE]

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Very easy nonconference schedule, weak overall SEC, currently 0-4 and counting in postseason tournaments, and once again poor coaching.

Florida lost by 15 to Manhatten, how great was our win over them now?

where are all the people around here that argued about our 8-8 record in the SEC and
    18-9 overall?
    Does that record look as strong as it did a week ago?

Is it time for a Spin?

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Don't mean to be picky. LSU was 17-4 and 7-4 in the SEC before Lloreda left or was injured. After an injured Lloreda or a Lloreda who left the team, LSU was 1-4 in the remaining schedule SEC schedule, 0-1 in the SEC tournament and 0-1 in the NIT tournament.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I wasn't staring at the stats when I posted so I went by memory but my point still stands.
    Florida couldn't recover from the loss of a lesser player earlier in the season. Guess that is coaching too. I'll check the Florida boards and see if they are calling for Donovans head.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Donovan has been to the NC game - no comparison to Brady's accomplishments...

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Coramprat,

Whatever you say, LSU was a mediocre team playing in an mediocre conference.
    Whatever window dressing you want to use.

You can't dispute, the records speak for themselves

Its not like we lost to a 5-11 team twice, the same team that fired their coach today...

your point doesn't wash, the only good teams LSU played this year was Alabama, Miss St and Kentucky, no one else was anygood.
    LSU was 2-3 in those games

Our standings are misleading because we didn't play anyone else...

9. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Florida under Donovan

Record at UF: 149-73 (.671) 65-31 SEC (.677)
    SEC Titles: 2
    SEC East Titles: 3
    Final Fours: 3 (1 as a player, 1 as an assistant, 1 as head coach at Florida)
    National Title Game Appearances: 1 (2000 title game)

Has guided the Gators to five straight NCAA Tournament appearances and five straight 20-win seasons. The University of Florida has only five 20-win seasons and five NCAA Tournament appearances in the 77 years prior to Donovan's arrival.

I think it is a futile attempt to try to compare Brady and Donovan.

10. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

As everyone knows, I have been a Brady supporter but I saw a couple of things at the game last night that may make me change my mind.
    I was sitting right behind the goal on the Tiger bench end, about fifty feet away from the bench. In the first half, Ross Neltner threw the ball out of bounds because I think Antonio Hudson cut the wrong way, Brady jumped all over him and at the next time out pulled him out. The rest of the players gathered around the coaches and Neltner sat off to one side, Brady got on him again after the time out and at the next time out Neltner sat off to the side apart from the rest of team with his head down and a look of despair on his face. Whipple tried to cheer him up and finally he got back in the game. Brady never did give him any poistive support and I really found this disgusting.
    Also he came on the court and argued with Tack Minor. At the very least, Skip should get with him on his behavior. If he doesn't change, then I say he should go.