Will the Brady defenders please step forward!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Remember what team had a similar debacle of a key starter leaving in the heart of the season? Yep, that was Florida. They lost their starting PG and leader. Did they collapse? No, they pulled it together to make the SEC tourney finals before losing to UK. And, losing to a senior-laden team like Manhattan that can play defense and shoot the lights out can happen to anyone. The Gators have a coach (overrated as he may be) that can still keep a team together in the face of adversity and make the Dance every season.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hey TE, lighten up. I know you have a big ax to grind against Brady but you are too filled with rage for a guy your age. We have never met but I hear from a reliable big fat tub of goo source that you, like myself are also a big fat tub of goo. Keep it up and you are a candidate for a massive coronary (the second time I have used the words massive coronary in a post tonight)

Someday all of us big fat tubs of goo will be meatless & skinless skeletons. Save your rage for something important like somebody who cheats your out of money or tries to screw your woman or something.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

You can't deny that this team looked incredible at times. We beat Florida and took Kentucky (my bet for the title) to the wire. This team is young (I know, this has been said as a defense 3 million times) but I do believe we are going to be an excellent team next year. I'll be the first one at the crow's nest if that doesn't happen. I've already mentioned Brady's attitude toward his players and maybe the word gets to him and he can work on that.

As far as mediocre conference, which conference has been dominant? No team in the country has had an extremely outstanding season against quality teams. Stanford only has one loss but they played Gonzaga early in the season so it was debatable how significant that win is. St. Joe's played an easier schedule than LSU. Kentucky lost to Georgia...twice. Duke lost 5 games. That's your No. 1 seeds. No one is dominant this year anywhere.

It wasn't a comparison of skills, just a similar situation as far as loss of a player is concerned. Seems like I remember Florida being ranked No 1 in the country at one time. And now who beat them in the first game of the tourney? Manhatten? I don't care how much more experience Man. had on the floor Florida should not have lost. But then again, no team can say never. We have reached parity in college basketball and the only way to have a winning season is to have a bunch of cupcakes with a little filler here and there.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

As in most cases...The silence will be deafening...

Silly Little beatch ... As in most cases...The silence will be deafening...

This guy has got to go. Period.

#1 Preseason favorite to win the West ... looked to win 22+ games in the regular season ... and WHAM ...

~A~ ~B~I~G~ ~S~H~E~E~T~ ~S~A~N~D~W~I~C~H~ ~F~O~R~ ~L~S~U~ ~F~A~N~S~

Now we know just how Auburn fans feel in Football for having to keep Tubby
    :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Welcome to my world! I think if more people actually went to a few basketball games, they would see more things from Brady than they would care to ever see from an LSU coach. You can't get the same affect from watching on TV or listening on the radio/net.

I've said all along it's not just about Ws and Ls with Brady. It's about how he acts and how he treats people ... this will be his ultimate downfall!

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Not necessarily in defense of Brady and I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but as I said I was right behind the goal and I couldn't believe how Bass got hammered every time he got the ball inside. Reminded me of the old Shaq days. Two or three guys would sag in on him and just pound the snot out him and hardly a foul was ever called.

:helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs:

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

COramprat,

You can't be serious?
    We looked good against Florida, well how good was Florida this year?
    Good enough to lose in the 1st round to a 12 seed.

If we looked good against Florida and Kentucky, what happened in the AU and Ole Miss
    games as well against USC, a team that got beat and only scored 43 points yesterday.

This shows how truely bad LSU was this year and how worse the record looks overall.

PS how in the hell did Brady let David Gomez go to Tulane?
    Reports I've heard he's better than Bass

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

How good was Florida?
    How good was Michigan State?
    How good was Arizona?
    All those conferences must be overrated?

9. Sourdoughman

I will concede your point regardless because its like beating a dead horse.
    Answer me 1 question, why didn't Brady sign at least 1 of these?
    this is a post that was posted here this morning
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO opinion Louisiana had a fairly great basketball recruit season this year. There are four kids who I think are very legitimate in Louisiana this year having watched him all at various games across the state.
    1. Albert Weber out of New Orleans's Higgins High, who signed with Alabama is a kid that we as LSU fans are going to love to hate in the near future. This kid has some serious game and plays very smart and controlled. We definitely could use his talent next year at the point guard position.

2. Shan Foster out of Metairie's Bonnabel High, who signed with Vanderbilt is also one of my favorites this year. He needs to put on about 25 pounds for SEC play and he has not yet finished growing. He is 6'7 now but the reason I really like him is his smarts and ability as a forward to create things. Plus this kid has major heart. Vanderbilt really landed a major prospect with Foster and he will come back to haunt us in the future as well but not as much as Weber.

3. Martin Zeno out of Lake Charles's Sulphur High, who signed with Bobby Knight at Texas Tech is also a super propect this season. He is more of a tweener (cross between a guard and forward) but I was impressed every single time I saw him play. Not signing him was a major mistake.

4. David Gomez out of Baton Rouge's Episcopal, who signed with Tulane, is perhaps the biggest blunder of our recruiting class. How we let this kid sign with Tulane is beyond my wildest imagination. This kid has some serious game and why we didn't recruit him is beyond me. Gomes is a Forward/Center but suited for a Power Forward in the College game. He schooled Davis every time he played him in high school and when I mean schooled this kid took everything from him but his address.

I would have signed anyone of these kids months before signing Temple or Ford

10. Sourdoughman

I've changed my mind, you named 1 team from a few conferences.
    What is the breakdown of the SEC vs all the other conferences then you get the true
    picture, try again...