News Will the LSU-AU Winner be #1 in the next BCS poll?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Just imagine you're at the edge of a very high precipice and it's windy and dark and you're somewhat disoriented and the ground is full of loose gravel and it's starting to hail and there are boulders everywhere and your flashlight quits working and your worst fears dominate every conscious moment, just remember, we will be right behind you, to give that needed little push, at just the most opportune time. Beat the barn.

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I don't think the winner will be number one regardless of who it is.

But I think your ESPN explanation will definitely occur if we win.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

If we beat Auburn & OU goes down to Mizzou & Oregon Goes down to UCLA - I dont think they have a chance BUT to put LSU at #1

But It is going to take A LOT for those three things to happen and frankly, all I care about is one of them, and thats LSU beating Auburn.

But, I agree, if we beat Auburn, we move into 4th and they blame Auburn'd Defense & go on & on about how we will lose to Alabama

After all, if the BCS were going to put a one loss SEC Champion in the BCSNCG - The only team Id see them putting there over an undefeated Boise & TCU would be Alabama.

I have said it a million times over, no disrespect towards Boise St or TCU, but they do not belong in the National Championship Picture.

SEC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 - Teams have to play big, fast, tough competition week in and week out, overcoming close games, minor & major injuries, players getting smacked around & banged up after a conference game & our teams are lucky to get our players back to feeling fresh & as close to 100% as they can before they go out and play yet another tough conference game against a team full of talent wanting nothing more than to drive you into the ground.

Im Sorry Boise St. but.......
    Wyoming
    La tech
    New Mexico St.
    Toledo
    San Jose St.
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Utah St.

AND THEY GET A BYE WEEK TOO

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

True Story

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I picked 'em...and I been hot lately. <bye bye Sooners> :(

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

3 times. We're 2-1. Last time in '77.

7. PGizle

PGizle Veteran Member

just sayin everyone is freaking out waaaaaaaaaaaay too waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early if LSU wins out there in the national title and thats that

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I'd rather LSU move into the #2 slot the last week or 2 of the season and keep flying under everyone's radar. Let the idiots of the world keep thinking we're lucky/overrated, etc.

The nation will then get to see the wonder that is the Nevis-Mingo-Peterson monster.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That will be the song and dance each week we keep winning. We could go into the SECCG undefeated and will be considered the underdog, same will happen if we make it to the BCSNCG. Even if we finish 14-0 they'll say it was against a down yr for all of our opponents and we got lucky.

10. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I agree as long as we keep winning the ranking will eventually show. We need to keep playin the underdog roll, it is working out very well.