Will the real LSU Defense please stand up?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diehardLSUfan, Oct 30, 2002.

1. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

So what is everybody's take on the Kentucky game? I must admit I'm scared from the way our defense played in Auburn, but have total faith. Do yall think we can stop Fat Boy from throwing on us? I'm thinking that this year's Auburn game was last year's Ole Miss game.

2. tigerman

tigerman Freshman

I think they will get back to normal against kentucky, They had a lot of distractions last week with DJ and Saban being gone, so I think that had alot to do with the calapse. Its kinda good if you think about it, I mean how many teams in the NCAA can allow 321yds and be disappointed......Not many.....They will be back!!!!
    LSU 32
    KEN 16

Go To Hell Ole Miss

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

defense..

The defenese is not a problem and never has been. Our offense kept giveing auburn a very short field to work with. It was 17-0 at half, it could have been much worse if not for some fine defensive play. When a team has 3 scoring drives of 20 or less yards it is not the defense. The defense will be fine.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Even after the Auburn loss. LSU Still has the number one Defense in the nation.

What does that tell you. Marcus Randall lost that game for us. Not our Defense. They had a short field for almost all of their points. The few drives they had is when our team was basically beaten.

My only concern is the loss of James. He was the guy that called all the adjustments.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'd rather say five turnovers cost us the game. Randall is the QB now and we don't need to hang it all on him. DD fumbled, passes were dropped, linemen moved early, and the offensive line never showed up. Bad day all around.

This LSU defense is the best we've had since 1969 probably. The offense is going to continue to have turnovers with a green QB, so the defense has just got to get used to defending a short field. They have got to take it as a challenge to stop short-field drives. And then the special teams have to block the friggin' kick. How long has it been since we blocked a kick around here?

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

def...

If the tigers have to depend on stopping short field drives and then blocking field goal attempts. The tigers asses are cooked. Against the teams we have left that is not possible. We have to stop giveing the short field with turn overs.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ditto, Tigerfan. Turnovers are the key. Without them, Ky has no chance. If we give fatboy a short field, he and his cast will cause lots of problems. A lot of fans appear to be afraid of Ky's offense based upon some early #s vs. cupcakes. Look at their SEC performance. They are not that good. But they are good enough to smack us if we let them.

8. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

If winning is a team effort, then losing is also. Don't put the whole of this loss on Marcus Randall because that's an unfair burden to place on one player. It's exactly what the Texas fans here in Austin are doing to Chris Simms.

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

You win as a team and you lose as a team. I will watch this weeks LSU game with great intrest. Historically, UK has been a thorn in LSU's backside much like Vandy has been for the Tide and Sewanee for Allbarn.

LSU seemed to have been playing with the deck stacked against them last week with a new QB, James out, no Toefield and Coach Nick missing as much practice as James did. I look for some butt chewing and a renewed intrest in winning this week by the Tigers. If they come out flat again, I think Bama beats them like a dirty rug the next week. If not then I think Bama will have a long day at Red Stick.

This week will define whether LSU can overcome adversity. Alabama has had many injuries this year, Georgia has overcome injuries as well. I certainly hope that LSU doesn't use injuries as an excuse like Tennessee. Geaux Tigers, beat the Mildcats.