Will their be a terrorist attack before our Elections

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Will there be a terrorist attack before our Elections

I know its hard for some of you to believe but I did some hard thinking while I was working today.
    As everyone knows Al-Qaida likes to do things in a pattern such as 9-11-01 then 911 days after that they attacked Madrid, Spain at election time and it
    sent the country into kaos and the country overwelmingly voted by emotion
    and voted an opposing government in power.

I'm really a little worried that people are not paying attention and not worried
    that their could be another 911 here before long, a lot of people seem to be
    comfortable living their lives and don't give a flying flip about the war on terror.

I think on 9-11 or I actually think 11-11 is a more appropriate date that something could happen on because that is right before the election.
    Theres nothing better Al-Qaida would love than to get Bush out of the presidency and have a "soft" person there so that they will no longer be on
    the run and can re-organize and become a more creditble organization once
    again.
    The people of Spain "caved in" and voted out their government, IMO this is a
    bad thing because the terrorist will now think they can get the Americans the
    same way, they know about Vietnam too.

Before you vote this year some questions we should ask ourselves

All I've heard Kerry talk about is getting Bush out of office, has anyone heard him say what he would do in Iraq or the war on terror?

Should we just pull out of Iraq since alot of Americans are opposed to this and
    blame Bush saying we didn't need to go there in the first place?

Should we do away with the war on terror, 9-11 was along time ago and it won't happen where I live?

I'm looking for feedback from those against Bush and against the war on terror mostly but of course everyone is Welcome.

Those that oppose Bush and the war on terror, what would you do to fix
    things?

Should we not do anything?

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

No doubt, terrorist groups were taking notes as the events in Spain unfolded.

They now see that in U.S. Allied countries where opinion is divided, all they have to do is set off a bomb, or tell the local Muslim population "Burn, baby, burn!", and that will be enough to get a pro-appeasement group or leader into power.

Watch for what happens as election dates approach for other key U.S. allies, such as Poland and Italy. The UK might be targeted, but the majority of British folk are probably going to react by digging in their heels even harder and refusing to concede a single inch, much as we would. But we'll see soon enough.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

link

4. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

The only thing I can see that is against Bush, from the general public that is, is that he is fighting two wars. We weren't even on the ground a year and a half in Afghanistan and we went to war in Iraq. I'm not big on wars, I have a lot of friends who are fighting in Irag and Afghanistan. I'd like to see them home right now, but they are soldiers and they are doing what they are supposed to do. They are doing their jobs.

It scares me as to what Kerry will do if he gets elected. I'd like to think that he would have a competent staff around him to help him make decisions, but you never know.

While I said that I don't support the war 100%, I do know that it is necessary. We have rid the world of a menace (Sadaam) and we are trying to rid the world of another menace (Bin Laden). Kerry's soft approach to war will only get this country in more trouble. It wouldn't surprise me if Kerry wins, that he let Sadaam go and call off the war on terror.

At that point, I think this country better be prepared for hell, because it will come and it will come fast. I'm not saying that if Bush wins nothing will happen, I'm just saying that if Kerry wants to play the nice guy, we better be prepared.

I've just talked myself in circles.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Right now, anybody who's ever thought that what's going on in Iraq is a separate issue from the war on terror is kidding themselves...and always has been.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Sen. Kerry has said that the threat of terror has been "exaggerated" and that it should be treated more as an "intelligence and law enforcement operation."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How is the threat of terror exaggerated?
    How many people died on 9-11-01?
    then the USS Cole?
    Americans at embasseys oversea?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have never heard the quote, but if senator kerry said the threat of terror is "exaggerated", i not only do i not want him elected to anything, i also would be amused if he were punched in the nose.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There probably won't be another US terrorist attack before the elections. Bin Ladin is no idiot. Unlike Spain, an attack before the election would probably get George Bush re-elected. They don't want that. I think the attack will come after the election to test Kerry . . . or to retaliate against Bush.

9. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Have the attacks in Spain been positively linked to Al Queda, or any Muslim terrorist for that matter? I'm just asking because the last I heard, the tapes that were found didn't appear to be authentic.