Will Tyrus go to the NBA?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Apr 5, 2006.

1. maduka

maduka Founding Member

I think Tyrus will go. But I think he should stay. He's not going to get lob passes to account for most of his points in the NBA. He's going to have to develope more of a mid range game. We're losing Lamarcus Aldridge and I think he needs to stay to get bigger. But the NBA isn't about finished products, it's about potetial. One only needs to look at the last couple of drafts to realize that. Emeka Okafor was a senior (or junior?) and Dwight Howard was straight out of highschool. Now Okafor had the more refined game, but Howard had more pontential, and look who got picked first. Same with last year's draft, Marvin Williams was a bench player and the rest of his teammates were the ones winning the National Championship, but who got picked first?

I think the NBA needs to add two more years to that age limit. I'd like to see players stay in school for 3 years minimum. Like the NBA. It would make the college game that much better.

:crystal: Here's to another MNC in Football. Hook em.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Thanks, we believe LSU will win another one this year too !

The NBA is not about playing technical basketball its about money. If Tyrus can make enough money he is going to leave. There is no issue of "ready" or not. The only issue is money. Yes, every now and then you'll find a player who wants to remain in college and play and pass up big money. I don't think that Tyrus will and I certainly wouldn't hold that against him. Having said that, I sure hope that the stays !

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

How do you even know he follows the Lienart situation? Matt's situation is totally different. Matt had played college ball for three years already and he was at his peak. Thomas has only played for a year and he didn't start shining till the the tourny. Thomas is also viewed to not be ready for the NBA by some. Nobody thought that of Lienart at the time. Yeah Thomas projected to be a top pick but he could still fall to the late first round. We knew for sure Lienart would go top 3.

Not to mention Bass's words of advice to the team. That most likely will have more of an impact on his decision than what happend to Lienart in a totally different situation and totally different sport.

4. JerryOdom

JerryOdom Founding Member

I tend to think he'll go. Thats alot of money now compared to alot of money later and I believe I recall reading some place that Tyrus's mom couldn't go watch him play for financial reasons.

I hope he stays but I would think it was a bad decision on his part to stay if he can get big dollars now coming off this years performance.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the only way he stays is if he really likes college. i remember a CTII interview and he said all those guys did well in school, so maybe there's hope. if he stays he should take out an insurance policy--but i guess he cant afford one.

6. ddt

ddt Founding Member

Couldn't he get a loan to get a policy?

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I believe there's a way to obtain one even if a player can't afford one at the time. The insurance companies know the player is set to make millions so I'm sure something is worked into the deal that insures that the company gets their money. Players do it all the time.

Maybe something where the player agrees to give the insurance company X amount of dollars once he signs his NBA contract and in return the player gets the insurance that if he were to get injured he'd get X amount.