Will Tyrus start?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 19, 2006.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

From what I've seen of him so far in the tourney, he's very close to 100%. I expected him to be limping around quite a bit, similar to D-Mitch for the last few weeks of the season.

Tyrus is a huge part of what brought LSU to where it is today. I hope to see him starting on Thursday night. We'll need his high energy game from the start. I suspect Duke will be fine with letting Williams go one on one with Big Baby.

If that's the case, Thomas will be the x factor in leading LSU to victory. Looking back at the past two games, Thomas Really only played a minimal amount. He should be plenty rested and ready to geaux all out on Thursday.

Also, one thing that alarmed me at the end of the game was Lazare jumping up on him. I hope Thomas holding him did not harm his ankle in any way! Maybe Darnell wants to keep starting and was being clever? KIDDING!!! :tigerhead

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

I thnk someone said he was 80-90% before Iona. He looked pretty beastly vs A&M. Thursday will almost make a month since UK and thats what I've heard the "maximum recovery time" as. Might be one of those "game-time" decisions.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He was a little cold when he first came into the Iona game. But I'll be damned if that guy didn't change the entire landscape of the freakin contest. For the love of God, he took away their mid-range jumpers! Total freak. Once he develops a little bit offensively, look the hell out.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Tough call. We haven't exactly been "clicking" early on with Tyrus on the bench to start the game--especially vs Iona....but then again, we're 2-0 with him coming in off the bench....

Glad I don't have to worry about making the choice. :thumb:

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It's the Sweet Sixteen...

It's Duke...

Damn right you start Thomas...

6. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Exactly...we are going to have to be running on all cylinders if we want to BEAT DUKE! Hopefully the 4 days rest will get our boys in shape and mentally ready to beat these guys. I know I am ready for Thursday!! :geauxtige :champs:

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't know about that, we seemed to be clicking very well early vs aTm and actually played worse with Thomas when he first came in I think.

I wonder if Brady is liking the way Lazarre appears to play much better when he gets a start, not as nervous as when he comes in to relieve one of them. Also, he may want Lazarre on Williams to start the game and bang to see how the refs are going to call it. But if Tyrus is 100% I'd guess he may start him, we'll see.

8. tigerball

tigerball Founding Member

If he can come off the bench, then why not start him. If we lose he will have a long time to get ready for the next game. I can understand Brady hoping to control Iona without Tyrus, but Duke is the tournament. Three days and some change to go.:lsup:

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

good take, would hate to see a cheap one on tt just to set the tone

10. clair

clair Rockets

Lazarre is more affective off the bench IMO, and having our best bigs to start the game makes us more likely to get into the bonus, which will be one of they keys to winning this game