Will Williams play for the Trojans this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rath21

Rath21 Founding Member

Didn't he sign with an agent? I believe the NCAA rules say any college player who even speaks to an agent is automatically ineligible. By hiring an agent, he agreed to end his college career. He can't just say "Oh I thought I was going to be eligilble for the NFL, since I wasn't, I should play college again"

No, he ended his college days when he hired the agent.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm just pokin a little fun at you. Just stating that you said "take it to the bank" and you also said you would beat Georgia. Your predicitions haven't been all that great.

3. Justin Credible

Justin Credible Founding Member

I wonder if California...

has an agent law in the works.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Welcome to the board Justin Credible!

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Not only are his predictions wrong...but

cadillacattack
    (5/6/04 5:54:30 pm )

Re: LSU and AU
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's the trophy that was handed immediately after the game, not the one that was awarded in a podunk ceremony that no one bothered to attend days later.

The fact of the matter is that USC and LSU are indeed co-champions, period. For you to argue that one means more than the other is foolish, as is your apparent behavior when visiting an opponent board. The visible lack of respect you feel compelled to demonstrate simply serves as further validation of the opinion that many Auburn fans have towards LSU and it's fans. It's a shame that you feel you must "get personal" and attack the locals, something you do with quite a bit of hypocrasy I might add.

You're a visitor here, please behave like it. You could learn a thing or two from red55 .........
    "Illegitimus non Carborundum"

What a PHU....G character. Hypocrasy, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

So , what's your point dhead tiger? You're mighty good at cut&paste of selected quotes out of context, so why don't you go ahead and explain what you mean. Post the thread in it's context maybe? Whasssamatta? Cat got your tongue or are you really LSUvegas in disguise?

7. diamondheadtiger

Yep, that's me, LSUvegas ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

8. cadillacattack

And some LSU fans wonder where the "tarnish" to their reputation as fans originates from. You should be ashamed to call yourself worthy of being an LSU fan, because you're certainly in the minority compared to the LSU fans I've had the opportunity to meet.

9. diamondheadtiger

Ha! If you think I'm LSUvegas, I got some oceanfront property......... for ya. I wish I was in Vegas, but as you can see under the avatar, it says otherwise.
    DO YOU EVER GO HOME???????????????????????
    You are here for one of two reasons:

1. You hate LSU soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, you dream at night of defeating LSU. LSU is the team you want to beat most other than Bama, and we might even reverse those two.

2. You are a TRUE closet LSU fan.

10. cadillacattack

Actually, it's neither. I definitely do not hate LSU and have enjoyed following LSU since I was a HS recruit in '77. I chose to go to Auburn and it was the right choice for me. I generally pull for all SEC teams, except when they are playing AU. No, I don't hate Bama, but just find them distastefully obnoxious. I learned many years ago that hate is damaging to the soul - better to just keep things in perspective and "enjoy every sandwich." I frequent this board primarily to discuss football and to keep up with current events, and I make every attempt to respect the opinions of others.

The Mike Williams issue has been one that I have followed with keen interest, primarily for the legal precedent it stands to generate should the NFL attempt to keep him from entering a supplemental draft. The NFL is skating on thinner and thinner ice each year as this conflicts with many labor laws at the state and federal levels. If BMW had played for LSU, I seriously doubt that so many here would've expressed such delight at his misfortune. In fact, I seem to recall that the opinions were significantly in support of one of the LSU atletes this season (I believe it may have been Marquise Hill?). Anyway, the NFL will be taking an unecesary risk if they attempt to deny him entry......as always, JMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.