Will X-man be ready for bowl?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blackstripes, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

just wondering is the X-man will be recovered from his collar bone injury and be ready in time to play Iowa.

anyone have any info???
    :geaux:

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Saban had a statement that everybody would be healthy except Ben Wilkerson and one other guy had a high ankle sprain and they weren't sure yet. It looks like X Carter will be able to play.

3. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

I talked to Xavier friday night and he said he is going to play in the bowl.

4. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

thanks for the info Tino!

:geaux:

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

from a game standpoint.. does it really matter? he isnt exactly going to contribute..

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

He'll likely be running back kickoffs.

7. locoguano

no way that will happen.. he screwed up to much this year.. he would be a downgrade from green and addai

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wow! Thanks for that insight, coach!

Funny....every game he's played in, he's at least returned a kick or caught at least one pass. What's your definition of "contribute"? I'm curious.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Freshman mistakes, man. Look, Skyler botched a kick return too ya know. Against 'Bama if I'm not mistaken--Hesitated in the endzone--about 3 yards deep, started to take a knee and then ran out.....all the way to the 9 yard line before being tackled.

My point? Sh*t happens.....even to the former All-American returner. Xavier Carter has tremendous speed. You can't coach speed and you rarely can account for it when on defense. You don't think Xavier has seen his mistakes on film, and have already gotten spoken to by the coaching staff? You know he has....

If Carter's able to play, let him play! I expect him to have a good game. It'll be like a homecoming for him.

10. locoguano

he's been out a long time.. he hasnt been playing football, he isnt gonna be conditioned as well as everyone else, he is toward the bottom of the depth chart at WR, and he isnt as good as green or addai at returns.. he wont contribute unless its on kickoff coverage..