Will X-man be ready for bowl?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blackstripes, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

Well the stat's say he's as good as Green & Addai. He made one mistake & you say he messed up too much this year? Carter may not have played that much this year but he did a lot with his opportunities. For the amount of time he played he has more TD's than Davis or Skyler & tied with Doucet. Also, he's not on the kick coverage team.

Lastly, Carter was back on the practice field 3 weeks after his injury in a non-contact jersey. He could have played in the Ark game if we needed him. Also, I went to one of the conditioning practice last week & guess who lead every 110 yard sprint? So much for your theory of him being out of shape.

LSU Kick-off leaders;
    If you take away the 1 yard mistake Carter would have lead the SEC in returns (22.4)!

Carter - 10 returns / 203 yards / 20.3 avg / 42 long
    Green - 9 returns / 171 yards / 19.0 avg / 30 long
    Addai - 7 returns / 119 yards / 17.0 avg / 31 long

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Locoguano, you have been owned & dismissed.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Yep. You are the property of Tiger_23 for the next 24 hours.

4. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

The coaches apparently think Carter is better. If he didn't get hurt he would still be doing kickoffs. Only reason Green/Addai are is because he got hurt. From the very beginning he was supposed to be back and ready for the bowl game.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

A broken collar bone isn't THAT big of an injury--especially once healed (and by the bowl, it will be healed)

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

there is a difference between shape in sprints and football shape. A have seen him on kick coverage.. and a collar bone is one of the more painful football injuries to have because if you lower you shoulder and hit someone, its right on the collarbone.. i know, i played with a fractured one.

8. Tiger_23

Tiger_23 Founding Member

No you haven't seen him on kick coverage. You may have seen Jason Spadoni on kick coverage when he had the same #23 as X. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal from a collarbone injury. By the 15th when practice starts it would be 8 weeks since the injury. X had a hairline fracture with no displacement of the bone. I'm not saying that LSU will play him, but to say he's not as good as Green & Addai on kick-returns was not ture. He only missed two weeks of football action, so he should be in football shape. Skyler missed as much football time as Carter with his high ankle sprain.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

you also have to look at what games he had his best returns in.. ASU 1 for 42.. Troy 2 for 60... take those games away and against real competition, he is averaging 14.5.. yes.. i say real competition.. while troy played well, a sunbelt team rarely has much depth, and that comes on special teams.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yes.. Take away his 37 yard kickoff return against Troy in the final minutes of the game. The one that got LSU starting field position at mid field when the tigers were trailing 20-17 late. The one that electrified the crowd into chants of LSU LSU LSU LSU. The one the directly preceeded the game winning drive by LSU to beat Troy 24-20. Yeah, take away those return stats for Carter in the Troy game and he sucks. Great logic you have there. :thumb: