Wilson's Syndrome

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by lsu99, Jan 18, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Have been dealing with bad work stress lately, which may have contributed to my current sickness. I haven't been running fever but have had cold spells where I can't seem to get warm.

Been trying to rest as much as possible this weekend. Had to do a little work from home yesterday though and also went to watch my son's 1st ever basketball game. Started to feel worse again and my temp dropped to 95.2 (pretty sure reading was accurate). Got some good rest last night and feel better. Temp is back up to about 98.0.

Googled low Temps last night and read about Wilson's Syndrome, which is not fully recognized by the medical community. Basically, it says extreme stress can cause your body to shut down non-vital support functions in efforts to conserve energy. One symptom is lower body temp along with many other potential symptoms. Anyone know much about this?

LSUDad likes this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

If you were at 95.2 last night with a reliable thermometer, you need to be at the doc today.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Stress kills. It's that simple.

Wilson's complaint or whatever, everybody should practice stress avoidance.

Easier said than done sometimes but you have to be conscious about it to deal with it.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

FIFY.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If it were his core temp. Possibly, on the edge for sure.

Bottom line, don't sweat the small stuff bro.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Packers were a victim of Wilson's Syndrome today

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Got some good R&R today and feeling better. It will be another tough week at work but need to not let it get to me.

Just a lot of things going on at once. Year-end close, ERP implementation, new hire that changed his mind at last minute, and falling behind further every week for last few months. I think things will get better after mid-March and just a matter of getting there.

Temp has been close to normal all day. Just left with a bad sinus issue with nothing coming out.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

in that business you have to mix in something physical to burn off the mental stress. I used to do similar job responsibilities along with quite a few more tied into one. And if you dont find time to clear your head with a good run, walk, workout, anything on an almost daily basis it will wear you down.

office jobs are the worst. we arent wired to sit behind a computer all day everyday. they do have those walking/standing computer desks and everyone who uses one feels a million percent better than prior.

also, find something you can do without too much dread and simply get into the routine an hour before or after work. if you're able.

otherwise, find the nearest asian massage parlor and tip them well.

StaceyO, red55 and lsu99 like this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Damn straight. I hit the road walking every day as soon as I get home from the office. Two to four miles depending on weather and other conflicts. I rarely miss a day and I hate it when I do. I not only keep my back and knees flexible and work off some calories that sitting at a desk can't do, but its a good time to clear my mind and think of all the fun stuff that makes life happy. De-stressing has been a vital part of my Achievement of Maximum Slack.

tirk likes this.