Win with class

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Trentster, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Trentster

Trentster Founding Member

After all of the talk about giving respect to the visiting teams, letters from Skip, etc, etc, etc.... I have to say Bama fans are the most arrogant, classless, distasteful fans in the SEC. How respectful is their Hey Tigers song that they played over and over? Yeah they kicked our butts but too much is too much.

2. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Yea I had this one moron on my way out getting in everybody's face going "Goooodbye Tigers"...So I said yea "See you in Hawaii jackass" He got angry started shouting out jibberish then challenged me to a fight. The guy had to be over 50 so I just laughed at him. Pretty pathetic.

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

That is our "Rammer Jammer" song we have been singing for at least 35 years. It's kind of like your "Tiger Bait". Besides, there were few LSU fans left in the stadium when the chant started, Death Valley was a sea of crimson. We didn't light any cigars, stomp your logo, beat up any band members or tear down the goal posts. You didn't win so you have to throw out the no class card. Take it like a man, get over it and go beat Old Miss.

4. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I think we have a waaaambulance alert. Don't blame Bama fans for celebrating; we would have done the exact same thing had the roles been reversed. They came into our house and beat us up and down. Give them their due.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well said.

6. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Trentster, with all due respect, I don't think doing a cheer that has been a tradition for years is classless. I don't doubt that you probably encountered some obnoxious fans, but that happens at all games. The fans were just celebrating with the cheer, just as I am sure the LSU fans would have done if the tables were turned. This is just MHO!

7. Trentster

Trentster Founding Member

I understand the need to celebrate. I was just merely saying after all of the stuff that was said about being on our best behavior the song was ironic. Yes I admit it it whinning. I was there until the last play sitting in the upper deck next to nothing but Crimson. There is nothing more painful than getting your ass kicking in what was supposed to be "our house" and then getting your face rubbed in it. Alabama deserves all of teh respect it has coming to it - they are the best in the west. But before everyone jumps on the LSU fans for the way we acted against USC or KY - they need to look at other schools as well. As for those of you with 3/4 tickets that expire with 15 minutes left in the game - you weren't there when it happened and therefore have no right to say it's whinning. Just a humble opinion from a Tiger fan that has the soreness from a good ole Saturday night SEC butt kickin'

8. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

It's okay trentster I understand. I've been there before myself!
    Actually I haven't heard anything negative about the LSU fans from any of my friends that attended the game. Haven't seen anything negative on the bama boards yet either! I think everyone pretty much enjoyed the LSU tailgaters! I think people just looking for something to complain about on other fans will find most anything! Good Look Saturday I'll be rooting for ya!

9. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Trentster, I don't think it was "OOB," although..

I'm sure it was painful. OTOH, a lot was said about what was going to be done to us in "Death Valley." We don't do goalposts, so, I thing "Rammer Jammer" is really pretty mild - particularly when there were so few LSU fans around to hear it. Our team (and fans) certainly have used Peyton Manning's conducting of Rocky Top at Legion Field as motivation. Use this the same way. OTOH, I stood with at least 85% of the Bama fans last year at BD to the bitter end - watching your team stomp us and set records. Just food for thought.

10. BamaBaby

BamaBaby Freshman

Re: Trentster, I don't think it was "OOB," although..

I was right there, on the 50 yard line, near tears, but I stayed til the clock rolled on down to 00:00

I did the same thing through a 3-8 season and our first loss in Baton Rouge since I was a young pup.

Rammer Jammer is a cheer, it's no different than Tiger Bait which I've heard often enough. We don't (or I don't) even think about tearing down goalposts or tormenting my fellow college football fans. I don't tamper with cars or dump drinks. I don't throw things or curse others. I don't even participate in the "opening" Rammer Jammer some do in BDS cause I don't feel it's appropriate. I don't boo the other team when they run on the field.

I root FOR my team and if we win I sing my Rammer Jammer - say good game, see you next year and move on to the next game. Unless ofcourse it's 4nameU or utk which I have to live with 24/7 (my mama is an aub and daddys family is all vols) -
    then it's more a bragging rights thing.