Windows 10 free upgrade

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 30, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cant read it. my pc is in a loop.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Catch it next time it comes around

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Microsoft Edge is terrible.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Wait until Windows 10.3 comes out. It is buggy as hell, as all Microsoft operating system have been since DOS, which was actually pretty stable.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

True that...unfortunately Apple seems to be catching that disease. Their upgrades of the iPad and iPhone systems have been buggy to.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not so many crashes and bug fixes. The apple device issues seem to be Apple constantly adding capability that requires more RAM and faster cores. It causes users of older devices to experience slowdowns and pinwheeling. Even the latest MacOS makes my oldest computer experience excessive delays. Apple has always expected users to upgrade equipment long before it actually fails or becomes obsolete. My iPhone5 and iPad2 are doing just fine, but my 8-year-old iMac is going to get replaced soon to take advantage of the latest system.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Apple's mobile devices have the best operating systems but I hate the fact that when they do updates it kills all the space on your device. Unless you have 64 and higher.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I had Windows 7 before getting this free upgrade. All I can say is that is solved all my ills I had been experiencing:

1) Using a wireless keyboard and waking the pc from sleep mode would take as much as 30 seconds to activate the keyboard, now it is instantaneous
    2) My audio port had flaked out big time, often not working at all until I finagled with the jack (several times unplugging and plugging it back in) until it would finally work, no longer an issue
    3) Firefox stopped working and no matter what I tried I could not get it to work, now it works like a charm without doing anything other than installing the OS

So needless to say I am very pleased with this update.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Windows 7 has been solid for me. I use it on my media centers. My personal computer runs Ubuntu Linux.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Two problems I've had (installed today from 7) is my touch pad keeps disabling and no sound. I'll have to play with it to see if I can get it fixed.