Wine bottled

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Nov 8, 2015.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Only made the 5 gallons of blueberry this year but it'll have to be enough. Been watchin it and looked like it's stopped working so bottled it today
    [​IMG]

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Blueberry, that sounds good!

3. jvalhenson

its def my favorite but even with that I dont really drink it. Give most of it away and the wife drinks it. I might drink a bottle total just not a wine fan. But I def enjoy making it and it makes for good gifts etc. Like a few months ago the wife hadnt felt the baby move in a day or so so started to freak out. We are pretty good friends with her doctor so called her and she met us at her office to do an ultrasound which all turned out fine. Well since this was at like 8 at night and knew she wouldnt take any money from us I brought her a bottle of last years wine and a jar of blueberry jelly just to show a little appreciation for her commitment. Anyways....do that type stuff a lot with it or otherwise barter type things. Usually make a good bit more but missed out on the mayhaws and sculpanines and pears didnt do much this year.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm frieds with my doctor but he still charges me.

KyleK likes this.
  5. jvalhenson

well she charges our insurance for regular visits, delivery etc.....just meant she wasn't gonna charge for that one little after hours drop in. My 2 best friends and huntin/fishing partners are a nurse practitioner and a dentist so we do all our medical stuff with 3 very good friends who all just charge our insurance and write-off whatever is left over. But it all evens out the dentist fishes on my boats and the practitioner hunts on my land and stays at my cabin plus all the usual back and forth.