Winslow Gone Pro

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by attigeratlaw, Jan 2, 2004.

1. attigeratlaw

attigeratlaw Founding Member

Sorry if already posted.

Our favorite little soldier is all grown up:

ESPN.com news services
    MIAMI -- All-American tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. will forgo his senior season at Miami and enter the NFL draft.

Winslow, the son of Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow, caught five passes for 48 yards in Miami's 16-14 victory against rival Florida State in the Orange Bowl on Thursday night. He also partially blocked a punt and had several key blocks during big running plays.

After the game, Winslow said he had not decided on his future, but told reporters Friday that he would not return to Miami. Coach Larry Coker also said Friday that Winslow will not return.

He is the third Miami underclassman to declare for the draft, joining All-American safety Sean Taylor and defensive tackle Vince Wilfork.

"I kind of left it up to them," Coker said. "It's their careers. But Kellen is going to go and should go."

Winslow, 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, finished the season with 60 receptions for 605 yards and a touchdown. He won the John Mackey Award, given annually to the nation's best tight end.

He was criticized for nicknaming himself "The Chosen One" this fall and for striking a Heisman Trophy pose in the season opener. He was labeled selfish for saying he should be a bigger part of the offense.

In November, after a loss to Tennessee, he apologized for his tirade about officials in which he compared himself to a soldier and likened football to war.

He also was benched to start a game after several unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

"I'm the son of my father. I have a lot to live up to," he said last week. "There's cameras on me all the time. Everybody is watching me. So I think sometimes I'm misunderstood."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

2. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Don't sell yourself short, Kellen. We understand you VERY WELL. In fact, TOO WELL.

You're only misunderstood in your own mind.

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Good. College football is no place for a classless individual like him. The NFL is much more suited to his character and ego.

4. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I hope that ass clown gets lit up all year long... Let's see how much talent he's really got.

5. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

Good Riddance !

I'm sure that Miami will "re-load" with another thug.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

To quote the Chosen one

"I dont give a hell"

7. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

:dis: So now he will be a thug on Sundays instead of Satudays!!! I for one am glad to see his punk azz go!!! He isn't a pimple on his old mans rear end and will never be more than a self absorbed titty baby, good ridence and Geaux to hell kellen J. :dis:

9. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

My favorite Kellen moment was the first episode of Gameday this year when they did a piece on him.

Herbstreit asked him what it was like to learn from Jeremy Shockey, currently an ALL-PRO in the NFL, his freshman year.

Winslow said, "It was tough to sit the bench when you're a star and everyone thinks you should be playing."

He's such a gent.

10. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Who do you think will draft him? Oakland, Dallas, or Miami?