Winslow SR. Charging fee to talk to jr.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 11, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

PUNK!

NFLPA frowns on Winslows seeking agent fee

By Michael Cunningham
    Staff Writer
    Posted February 27 2004

The select few NFL agents that will be allowed to talk to former University of Miami tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. paid a $2,500 fee for the right, a practice that prompted some agents to complain to the NFL Players Association.

The NFLPA, which certifies agents and regulates their activity, sent out a notice this week advising agents not to pay the fee. NFLPA spokesman Carl Francis said the union shares agents' concerns that the fees could lead to bidding wars just for the chance to talk to potential clients.

"I wouldn't say it is something new, but we haven't heard of a case like this before," Francis said. "It is something didn't want to become a precedent. This is something we really wanted to address early in the process."

Winslow is eligible for the April 24 draft. He is expected to be selected early in the first round.
    :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

2. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I didn't think K1 was like that. I just figured that K2 got his piss poor attitude from attending the "U" where he became a "soldier" and tried to "kill" players on other teams.

More and more every day I'm learning what kind of dumbasses the Winslows are...

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't know if that shows they are dumbasses, just very greedy. Of course maybe it does show they are dumbasses as the best agents will probably shy away, unless of course they have already locked JR up and have just remianed quite about it so that they can watch their competitor scum pay for nothing!

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Have you read about the recruiting process that K2 went through? You would realize the kind of person that his father is. He sets a poor example for his son.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Exactly. Where do you think he got his attitude from V4H? The apple truly did not fall far from the tree.

This is just par for the course for these prima donnas. Once again, the Winslows must show us mere mortals that they are different, that they are special, that the rules for everyone else do not apply to them. Whatever, man.

Cost for the privelige of speaking to an "Average Joe" NFL draft prospect: $0
    Cost for the "privelige" of speaking to Kellen Winslow Jr., who is, after all, a F#@$^N' SOLDIER!: $2,500
    Looking like complete punks in front of the whole world AGAIN: Priceless

Lest we forget, let's see it just one more time...

7. Rocky

Rocky Freshman

Winslow, Jr.

As has been stated, the Winslows appear to let race dominate their decision making processes. I believe that when Winslow, Jr. was being recruited out of high school, his father was insisting that he only play for a black head coach. Obviously, he changed his mind when his son went to Miami. This was, however, an outrageous stand and one that indicates the thinking of both father and son.

8. Mis'sippi Tigah

Mis'sippi Tigah South End Zone Bleachers

Jr wanted to go to Washington, didn't he? Sr wanted a more "minority friendly" coach than Neuhaisal (sp) and he guided Jr to Miami. Wasn't that the deal?

It's probably $2,500 for white agents to speak with him. Minority agents probably get a discount.

9. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

Winslow doesn’t care about anything except THIS U!!! He’s PISSED!!!

Remember his Heisman pose in the first half of their opener against none other than LA Tech. It was an impressive 5 yard TD catch.

Sorry Kellen, I don’t care who your daddy is. If your daddy is that great, how did he raise such a total jackass?

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Sorry but I can't really feel sorry for anything that happens to sports agents. Most of these guys are money hungry guys that will tell college athletes what they want to hear. They should fit in well with the Winslows.

Best case scenario: agents lose money recruiting K2 and then K2 loses money come contract time because the best agents didn't want to pay the fee. :D