Wisconsin freshmen talking . . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 28, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn right!!!

2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

^^^^^I'm with you fellers!!!& @Stacey^^^^^^^^

3. msully

msully Founding Member

Looks like Texas A&M freshman are talking also .

red55 likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Damn, Sully. That was actually witty.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Gordon is the best RB in the country. Had he declard for the draft, he would have been the only RB to get the 1st round pick. If he gets past the DTs, he's going to get 7 yards easy. The Tiger defense has their work cut out for them. I expect plenty of Safety in the box and the CBs to lockdown the freshman receivers for the Badgers. The front seven will have to play smart, though. None of this "up-field" bullshit that Freak and Ego played last season that opened huge holes for opposing offenses.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think we are going to learn real soon that the best tailback in last years draft was Jeremy Hill. A lot of us in the P&G nation knew this already, but the guy has already established himself as more of 1.5 to Giovanni Bernard's 1.5 instead of a 2nd option. Jeremy Hill is gonna do big things in the NFL this year.

cajdav1, didit and StaceyO like this.
  7. msully

msully Founding Member

Red I am a little worried ,

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Speaking of Melvin Gordon. We know him well. He originally committed to the Hawkeyes, only to "fold" to the pressure to stay in-state from Wisconsin.
    The "book" on him is that most all his big runs come on sweeps. Last year Gordon ran the sweeps and White was the "between the tackles" guy. Whether Gordon can actually be a power back is still unproven. Also, White was the recipient of most all the passes to the running backs last year. Gordon had one reception all of last year and only two the year prior.
    Once he gets to the corner, Gordon can look like a "Darrin McFadden"....great speed and elusiveness. So, I'll be somewhat interested if Gordon is ready to show some power. He's gonna have to if he wants to impress the pro scouts.

I'm actually more interested in seeing Fournette for the first time......

cajdav1 and red55 like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

On the Wisconsin boards, they believe that the "Jet Sweep" with Gordon will kill us because we are only used to spread offenses in the SEC and can't handle a power running game inside with Gordon on the outside.

Gordon is a stud back for sure and his backup ran for 8 yards a carry last year. Wisconsin can move the ball. But that sweep they run is a feast or famine play. Check it out. They fake this and run a lot of inside dives, counters and such to keep the defense honest, but this is the play that Gordon breaks the big ones on.

If the defense stays in position and makes the tackle, it goes for no gain. If a team is slow, undisciplined and can't tackle, Gordon will break it for a touchdown. You can bet that Chief has worked on this.

gyver likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well, we know LSU won't be slow. Undisciplined or can't tackle? We won't know that until 8:00 Saturday night. But the Oregon game a few years ago, not to mention two matchups with Johnny Football, tells us Chief knows how to prepare for a major offensive threat.

ParadiseiNC likes this.