Wise guys say LSU by 4-1/2 to 5 over Purdue

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Mar 17, 2003.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Stop talking about the Big 11 like it is something special. Everybody knows that the SEC and Big 12 were by far the best conferences this year. I'd put money on the fact that Darrell Mitchell for us is just as fast as Deane. I say LSU over Purdue by 14.

SEC Pimps Big 11

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Damn! How'd you manage to lose 12 games?!

3. Deane Pimps LSU

Deane Pimps LSU Freshman

We lost 10 games, not 12. Plus, we didn't play Delaware State, Tex. A&M CC, Nicholls State, Ivy Tech, Monroe High School, and the rest of those pathetic teams with RPI's of over 200. I'm sure had Purdue played LSU's nonconference schedule, the only game the Boilers lose is Arizona, and that's a big IF considering we were 14-1 at Mackey this year.

Plus, our offense is our problem, not our defense. If you've read anything about us, you know we can't solve a zone to save our lives. Deane usually ends up freelancing for 30 of the team's 50 points since everyone else just kind of stands around.

Purdue 73 LS-Who? 68

4. SabanFan

Whatever. I didn't read up on you because you are Purdue, for crying out loud. I can't even stand to watch Purdue basketball because the sight of Keady's combover gives me the dry heaves.

Considering our "pathetic" non-conference schedule, I guess it must really chap your yankee ass that our seed was higher than yours.

5. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

I love seeing the banter with fans we don't normally encounter. But,t here is a reason we are picked to win this game. We have shooters, a slasher, and, as you will soon see, a dominant inside force who will trump your "beef." Unlike your big guys, Lloreda will play in the NBA. Deane is a nice player, for sure, but your team sounds alot like Auburn. One dependable scorer and good coaching. Thus, I like our chances. Hopefully, y'all can post another one of those below-50 score totals Friday.

6. Deane Pimps LSU

Deane Pimps LSU Freshman

"chap your yankee ass". haha it appears that I have touched a nerve? i see your southern intellect consists of calling northerners "yankees". ooooooo, vicious.

I've got a little secret to let you in on...the south isn't going to rise anytime soon so how about you come on out of the 1970's and join the rest of the world in 2003. The camaro's and pick ups are much nicer nowadays anyway.

And the seeding doesn't matter. LSU earned its #8 seeding with a late run, just as Purdue earned its #9 with a late slide.

call me yankee all you want and I'll call you inbred swamp scum.

I can tell Jwho is a good guy though. You're right, we don't have any big guy who will be in the NBA, but we have 4 guys 6'10" or taller to LSU's lone 6'9" player. Plus I hear he is 50% from the free throw line on a GOOD day, so expect to see him there most of the time and not dominating the paint. We also have one of the best defenders in the country to try and hold down your "slasher".

Purdue 73 LS-Who? 68

7. GeauxTiger21

GeauxTiger21 Freshman

Hey, I'd put Temeka Johnson up against Deane! :p

8. SabanFan

I did not mean for "Yankee" to be a derogatory term. Merely a defining one. If I wanted to be derogatory I'd call you a pasty legged homo. Anyway, my parents are unrelated so my breeding passes muster. I cannot really dispute the swamp scum label. And I am a good guy. Sounds to me like you've got a bunch of (typical for the big 10) fat white guys who couldn't jump over the IUPUI campus directory. You are in for a shock. Our guys will go over, through and around yours and you'll be down by 15 before you know what hit you. One more thing. Note to Keady: YOU'RE BALD!!!!

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

4 guys 6'10" or taller??? I thought one of them was redshirted??? So unless you plan on wasting his redshirt status on this one game you can just count 3. Plus with Dupree's jumping ability you'll need someone about 7'2" to even compete with that. That LS-Who? remark was so original man. Well you'll know all about LSU when we beat your ass.

10. SabanFan

How about Pur-DUH?