Wise guys say LSU by 4-1/2 to 5 over Purdue

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Mar 17, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Or Pur-Don't?

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Thanks for the kind words, Deane. Purdue's program is one deserving of respect. Coach Keady is as good as it gets and is underrated. Indiana's (and Knight's) shadow must have made it tough for him over the years, but he still produces quality tourney teams every year.

Also, I have seen your namesake play, and he is an impressive scorer. I am curious as to the 'Makers defense of choice. Will they go zone or man-to-man? I assume man-to-man is the choice since Dupree likes to get open and hit 12-15 footers inside a zone while Bright, Temple, Mitchell, etc., are good 3 point shooters. But, Keady's "bigs" will need to burn some fouls to stop Lloreda in the paint in man defense as he is too quick, long, and agile for them. Also, Dupree can be too tough to handle man up. What defense do you think Purdue will play primarily, Boiler fans?

3. Southern_Boiler

Southern_Boiler Freshman

Reply to Saban Fan,

ROTFLMAO at the IUPUI phone book and
    Keady (YOU'RE BALD!) comments, too funny. I just hope the
    ball game is on TV here in Big Blue country. These idiots around here are so ate up with the Wildcats that they pre-empt
    NETWORK coverage of Conference Tournament (Big Ten)
    games to show the freakin' Kentucky post game press conference and player interviews!!! HELP ME!!!

Also, you guys got a good one with Nick, every time we played
    Mich St. in football he was always a class act.

Good luck Fri.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Too avoid all the Kentucky coverage(I feel for you man) try out a sports bar or somewhere that has satelliete TV. Also LSU broadcasts are available online at LSUSports.net so incase you are outside of the Purdue Radio network you can at least hear the game. You'll get to expeiriance Jim Hawthorne, he is quiete the play caller, he gets a bit excited from time to time to say the least.

5. Deane Pimps LSU

Deane Pimps LSU Freshman

*tsk* *tsk* *tsk*, someone needs to go back to elementary and learn arithmetic. With our redshirt walk-on, that gives us 5 guys 6'10" or taller.

However, chances are you will not see the fourth(Garrity) at all, as he would struggle for playing time for most small Div. 1 schools. If we need some quick fouls to use on Lloreta though, he could become mvp...ha. We shall see how it goes.

You guys won't be beating any ass. SEC teams rely on athletes to beat each other in conference, but except for Kentucky and maybe one other team per year, SEC teams fold to other teams with discipline early and often in the tourney.

In fact, I don't know if Kentucky is even safe. IUPUI caught fire at the right time. Ron Hunter will have his guys fired up looking for the upset.

-dws-

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I asked a question moron. I don't know your entire roster! I was under the impression that you had a total of 4 players 6'10" that including the redshirt player. Read the statement again and you will be able to understand that jackass.

We'll see what goes on in the Tourney. I know for a fact that the SEC will perform better than the Big 11, and please don't even talk about IUPUI pulling off the upset against UK. That kind of talk makes you look idiotic.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I agree the SEC plays a more athletic style of b-ball than the Big 10's pound you and slow down mentality. However, 4 of the current tiger players have gotten a feel for the Big 10 as they played in the game against Wisconsin in 2000......so they know what to expect. Will they handle it or not? we'll see.

also, not every team in the SEC plays the run-n-gun style a few play similar slow down and pound you basketball....Ole Miss for instance. LSU isn't exactly a runner either.

As for Kentucky v IUPUI....let's not get carried away. that game will be over by halftime.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Let's see. Kentucky: 39 SEC Championships, 7 National Championships, currently #1 in the country. 19-0 in the SEC. Winners of 23 straight. IUPUI: 1st ever NCAA tourney. Yep. Seems like the Wildcats are ripe for the upset. Mr. Pimp. You sir have lost whatever credibility you had here.

9. Deane Pimps LSU

Deane Pimps LSU Freshman

first off to DDTigerFan, you flat out told me that I can just count 3. You said you thought that there was a redshirt big man, which there is. I just thought you would like to be corrected, but I guess not.

BTW, or "by the way" if you prefer, dws stands for "dripping with sarcasm". I guess I should have specified that since the Internet is a relatively new commodity down in them parts.

"Very Big Grin"

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hey. We're inbred swamp scum. You've got to spell things out here.