With Copeland out, we are no longer a NC contender...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Sep 29, 2012.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I saw that Cope tweeted that he is okay (not that I stalk the players' Twitter accounts). Who knows, maybe he's good to go for the Florida game.

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I don't think the teams destiny rest with CLM, Copeland, Mett .. or any other individual. What's lacking is discipline.

We simply are not playing good sound football. There's too many mental mistakes. 80 yards in penalties ... 5 fumbles with 3 resulting in costly turnovers. Missed assignments. Missed reads.

This team needs to get that "will to win". ... and to play up to their potential.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Agree, Oline Coach can't coach line or call plays that work consistently, NO Imagination. In addition while flipping between TCU/SMU and LSU game I saw living proof of two former HS QB's that were GROSSLY overrated.
    Garrett Gilbert (former Texas QB) and ZM. Gilbert had 4 int's against TCU, granted they played in torrential rain all day but still...............ZM, when he starts to move, ANYWHERE, I close my eyes and mute the TV!

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I sure hope Copeland is OK and can play next week. But from my vantage point he is far from the key to this offense being successful. Yes he will lay some serious blocks sometimes. However, his blitz pickups have not been consistent and he seems confused on who he is supposed to block. I know 'confusion' is nothing new to this offense and he is not the only one.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good observation, he missed a few blocks last night in pass protection that I saw for sure. We are going to have to start using more tight end chip blocking for sure now, and keep tailbacks in to help in pass protection.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

A new OC wont matter, this is the Les Miles offense, how much more evidence is needed.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Sadly some people will keep blaming the coordinators and never the HC. Its obvious where the blame lies. You could bring in Petrino and youd still have the same, uber conservative, predictable play calling. We stuck in the 70s Big Ten.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I tend to agree with you. We are sloppy, undiciplined, and actually look less conditioned. Shep was about to get sucked up on that 78 yarder, Mett sits in the pocket with concrete blocks on his feet, our o-line gets smoked off the ball and misses key blocks about 1 out of every 4 snaps, no receivers can get open, no RB has emerged as the #1, we give up more sacks than we sack other QB's, we get our ass whopped in the turnover battle every week, our play calling is still pathetic and jr high, we have no swagger, do nothing exciting, have no legit playmakers, still can not sustain drives, and when nothing on offense is working, rather than making adjustments, we just stick with it, over and over and over. So much for that "air assault" Mett was promising us.

I love our tigers, I'll never root against them, I'll never turn my back on them, but I will admit, I am beyond frustrated, and they are getting extremely tough to watch week in and week out. Well our defense isn't, but at this point, I feel sorry for them. Our offense is a train reck and I'd rather record the game, FF through the offense and just watch our D, to see them progress and raise their draft stock so I can follow them on Sundays.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Our other fullback is very capable. Our NC chances ride on the fact that we can actually pass the ball and be balanced. Les Miles refuses to be balanced and only cares that the running game succeeds. That's what keeps us from winning a championship this year.

10. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

as the years go by it certainly seems clear the main cog in the offense is clm. after all, that has been the only constant through it all. look at how the defense has changed and improved from the co-coordinators to chavis. as much as i love most of what clm has done for the program i believe there is little argument that he should concentrate on managing and recruiting and leave the offensive side of the ball to any number of talented coaches who would love to come the baton rouge to develop and get the most out of the talent we attract.