Women in combat

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jan 24, 2013.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

fish on.jpg

Fish on!

Really, no problem with it. Really? Please explain.

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are combat jobs and there are combat jobs. Requirements must remain the same. This is why I think we will see women as pilots. They can match the situational awareness and g-forces that men can. I pity them if they have to bail out and be captured in the middle east, but I pity men, too.

They are already serving on combat ships, where they can pull the load.

I just don't see them pulling the load in the infantry. The men can barely hump all day in armor and full packs, much less females. On the other hand many Russian women fought in the front lines in WWII with distinction and Israeli women possibly have done so as well. But its not EVERY women that can handle it. The ones that can handle the physical demands as well as the sexual harassment might just do fine. But it won't be a lot of them. The Few, the Proud, the Bull Dykes.

tigerchick46, gyver and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

Actually the run times standards are the same.

The height and weight standards are different for obvious reasons, the push-up standards are different, I think the sit ups are the same but that is only for the physical fitness tests. None of that matters a hill of beans when you have to slap on 40lbs of gear, then 40lb pack or a radio, or satchel full of C-4 or one of your buds goes down and you have to evac them out. That my friends is where the rubber meets the road.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Good points. My take is if they can make the cut with the same standards, they deserve it.

None of this tailoring shit to make a quota.

gyver likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like I said it goes by branch.

I can 100% guarantee you women's run times are not the same in the AF. In fact, none of the AF standards are the same for men/women.

However, I do know the marines have the same standards, which is good.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

If they can hump it, let em at it.

7. shane0911

Military units are built on numbers, a certain set of numbers. This isn't like an everyday office job where you can call into a temp agency and get someone to "fill" in. So now we have sally the sniper who has integrated herself into being part of the team, does all the training, humps (haha) all the gear, makes all the qualifications and life is good.

Until the shit hits the fan and the orders come down. Let me lay out what happens next

Knock knock knock on the CO's door, sir, I'm pregnant.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

dude, seriously.
    straw man

9. shane0911

Dude, seriously, I've seen it happen countless times with chics whose sole responsibility is to flip eggs or order boots, bullets, and band aids. Keep thinking it doesn't happen.

10. shane0911

And this isn't just an all out assault on women, as I said, let them be fighter pilots and a handful of other jobs that they can excel at. On the ground, in the middle of the shit is just not where they need to be. This will cause more problems than it will EVER solve.