Women in combat

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jan 24, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are both right. Let women be limited by their limitations, not by politics.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

im not saying it doesnt happen, but its still a straw man, those females wont be up for combat roles.

3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Lotsa good points in this thread, front line fighting is a mans job and I think women have no place around it, just puts the men in more danger. We are better at being scorned and performing detective work. I think this is another huge waste of money, separate showers and all the other things associated with our maintenance......sexual harassment lawsuits, fema-nazi's will all flourish.

4. red55

There is plenty of work in the rear with the gear. I've done air-photo interpretation and remote sensing analysis under DoD contract and women did very well at that work and can free up men for combat work.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not the only reason its a terrible idea, in fact only a small part but not straw by any means

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

I keep reading that the physical standard will be gender neutral, but I find that hard to believe. Women are terribly weak and can't run fast or lift anything. If they can, yunno like Serena Williams or whatever, I guess that is ok, but it is it really worth the trouble?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

Maybe they could put all the fighting ladies in one unit or battalion or whatever, then they could all be lesbians together and not bother actual soldiers

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I have to agree, these feminist wanna fight in a war? Knock yourselves out. If I was a guy soldier I wouldn’t want a chick near my battalion or whatever. I’m already risking my life out there. Last thing I need is a chick driving my tank directly into a tree or gossiping to the enemy about our location because they’re on their period, I know we are 3 kinds of crazy at certain times.

Have an all female unit, problem solved. No guys have to fight with chicks and get killed due to our physical limitations and feminists get to play war. Win, win for everybody. Even the gov't wins. You can never have enough foot soldiers, right? Throw the feminists out on the front lines and see what goes down. Can Billary be the leader of this unit?

shane0911 likes this.
  9. red55

All female thing has already been done. The navy has not waited on congress or anybody else. They had an all female supply ship years ago. They have had an all female aircrew serve in combat. Woman serve on all navy combat ships now. Women have commanded combat ships since 1998. This year evens missile submarines will have females. Two years ago a female admiral commanded a combat carrier attack group. Coed crews work better than single sex crews. Women are better at some jobs. Men are better at others.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

Yes red but I think the relevant factor is boots on the ground with guns, not sailors on ships or pilots. I agree it's nice to have sluts around, but I dunno about it if she is my partner clearing a house with pistols or breaking up a fight in Afghanistan.

Shane and other vets can explain this better I guess.

My military bro in law punched an afgan in the face and roughed him up after he mistreated a woman, I dunno how the dynamic changes if my bro in law is a sis in law instead.