Women's Basketball Coaching Search

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LADYTIGERS!!, Mar 23, 2011.

?

Who would you want as coach?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2011.
  1. Kim Mulkey

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Brenda Frese

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Jeff Walz

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Bruce Pearl

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What is Leon Barmore up to these days?

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: He's Kim Mulkey's assistant coach at Baylor. Been with her over there for a couple of years now. :LSU231:

3. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

Do we hear alittle news in the next week??? Now that Baylor is done. i believe at least if we are going to go after Kim Mulkey, u will at least hear a little something by the end of the weekend. jmo, not saying she is our new coach but if she is on our list you will hear either she will stay at baylor or she will interview.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who wants a womens' coach that gets knocked out in the regionals with a 6'8 Amazon who can play?

5. LSUsupaFan

Now that I have learned that Barmore is one of her assistants I am certain he is the reason behind Baylor's success. We shold hire him away and not look back. His only knock is that he is hella old. Older than SabanFan even.

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Barmore could be a great hire or he could be a repeat of Van Chancellor. I'd prefer a young, up-and-coming coach in the Pokey mold. Where are all the wild rumors and unfounded speculations about the coaching search? This is boring.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

8. 100%TigerBred

So we have our first acknowledged interview in TX Tech's Kristy Curry. Don't know much about her, but is from LA and has had a pretty good coaching career. Also heard that Travis Mays an LSU assistant will get an interview and Florida State has given us permission to speak with Sue Semrau.

9. LSUsupaFan

If they end hiring Barmore I will attend my first Lady Tigers basketball game next season. If they hire anyone else I will continue pretending that I didn't know women's basketball is an actual sport, and I will continue saying things like "Women's basketball sounds neat. I hope LSU gets a team one day."

10. 100%TigerBred

U can cross curry off the list she has decided to pull her name out the hat. And if the money that would be owed to fsu if sue left is correct I don't see her headed this way either. The more I look into it I wouldn't be suprised to see a non-established assistant coach become the next head coach