Women's Basketball Coaching Search

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LADYTIGERS!!, Mar 23, 2011.

?

Who would you want as coach?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2011.
  1. Kim Mulkey

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Brenda Frese

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Jeff Walz

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Bruce Pearl

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dudley

dudley oops!

I don't see any on the Advocate article's list coming to LSU. 100% may be right, but taking an assistant is really a long shot if they've had no head coaching experience. Another dark horse that deserves a look is the current head coach at McNeese St., Brooks Donald-Williams. She took over a losing program in 2007 and led her little team to the NCAA playoffs this year before losing to Texas A&M. She is known as a great recruiter.

btw, Texas A&M is in the Final 4 now after beating Baylor and it wouldn't surprise me if they won it all.

2. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

would be a good fit, I agree. But, I still stick to my favorite as being Mickie DeMoss, former UK head coach and current UT Assistant. Apparently Alleva will be at the womens Final Four this year. Could he be looking at a head coach from their or maybe an assistant? I do know he says this process should not drag out so i figure we know something NLT this time next week.

3. 100%TigerBred

Welcome to LSU Nikki Caldwell. From first look seems like a great hire. Young, hard working head coach w/ SEC Ties from the Summit coaching tree. She also turned around the ucla program is a short amount of time. With the type of talent that LSU attracts she should be in good shape as long as she continues to recruit well.

4. dudley

dudley oops!

Hey, great hire IMO. Rides a Harley too...uh oh!

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This sort of makes LSU her stepping stone to the Tennessee job when Summit retires, doesn't it?

6. 100%TigerBred

may or may not, guess it depends on what Tenn, wants and when/if Pat retires (she may be like Joe Pa) also there are alot of coaches out of the Pat Summit tree. I just dont see summit retiring anytime soon. And if we are a stepping ston that produces victories and championships, then I can deal with it. However, coaches that supposedly would jump at the chance to go back to there "dream Job" have stayed at LSU before so never say LSU is just a stepping stone.

1 person likes this.