wondering how yall feel about this recruit.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Thibodaux Tiger, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

Tigerbait.com reports that LSU has offered Trindon Holliday 5'6", 170, suppositly 4.3 forty Northeast High in Zachary. Saban sees him as a slot receiver and kick returner like a smaller version of Skyler Green. I was just wondering how u feel about offering a player this small 1 of our limited scholarships. I feel if he can play , sure why not, there have been other small players that have exceled in college ball being this small. Ex. Barry Sanders, Quentin Griffen, and Heisman hopefull Darren Sproles of Kansas State.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

saban coached in the NFL, I think he knows athletes when he sees them....just like i tell my g/f, size don't matter. heh

3. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

He has been offered a greyshirt so he would not count until the next year. Holliday said so what, I'll take it. Welcome aboard.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Welcome aboard indeed.

I don't care you make mini-me look tall by comparison, if Saban says you are ok, then daggummit, you're ok in our book.

Oh yeah, and last time I checked, 4.3 in the forty tends to give defenses and special teams trouble.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Sounds a bit like Shyrone Carey.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Size isn't really an issue as long as the player works harder than his opponents. Quentin Griffin is tearing it up running for the Broncos now. One thing I hate about watching a small player is that I cringe any time they are hit hard, wondering if they are able to get up.

7. Swamp Tiger

Swamp Tiger Freshman

Speed Kills

I don't have a problem with anyone Saban signs. He has proven he can pick not only the super blue chips but also those under the radar, which Holliday is. 4.3 in the forty? Sounds like a dangerous young man. Also, St. Nick puts a lot of weight in the character aspect of a recruit so he must be a great kid.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Darren Sproles has done pretty well in college and if I remember correctly we had a guy name Dalton who was pretty small and awfully good. he wasn't 5'6'' but he wasn't much taller. I'm 5'8'' and I was taller than him. How tall is Shyronne? 5'6'' on his toes I think, but he's got his weight up to 203 and that is huge for a guy his size. Must be strong as all hell.

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Shyrone wishes he was 5'6" That kid is no taller than 5'4". But he is strong and shifty.

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Trindon Holliday says Saban would like him to committ in January *I believe* for the 2006 Class, not the 2005 Class.