Words of wisdom

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Oct 3, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm 61 years old. In the 60s and 70s and 80s and 90s I went to bed many a fall Saturday night pissed off at LSU and fighting with my wife because she couldn't understand why I'd get so upset over a game. It didn't help that the GD Saints threw fuel on my fire every Sunday. Anyway, once I learned to put it into perspective, it didn't create any more wins or Championships but it sure helped me.

The debacle at the end of the game was inexcusable and will (and should) foster much discussion over the competency of those in charge of managing the games. The offense is clearly substandard and discussing what will and should be done is a fun thing to do. But, I hear the anger in some people and I saw it in the faces of people I watched with. I mean literally fit to kill anger. I just chucked to myself.

Anyway, if anyone woke up this morning and are still angry (not disappointed, or a little subdued, etc) but really angry. Seek help.

2 people like this.
  2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I'm a little disappointed still, but I agree that if anyone is truely still angry at the win, it's time to move on and focus on a much bigger game that is coming up next week.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

SB, I can relate. I used to lose sleep over an LSU loss. I remember back when Archer was HC and we blew a 15 pt lead at Ohio St. and lost. I didn't sleep for three days. When Hallman had #1 FSU in his grasp and let it get away, I paced the floor all night. Now, I take it more in stride. I'm certainly not losing sleep over a win. But we'll all sleep better when Crowton is gone.

4. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Excellent post. I'm 47 and during the 80's and 90's I couldn't even read the newspaper on Sunday I was so upset when we lost.

Yesterday end of game was inexusable, and radio and TV coverage this week will be a firestorm.

But it's early in the season, and I'm not going to let yesterdays game ruin my enjoyment of the much to short football season. We got Fla next week.

GEAUX TIGERS

5. Chase4LSU

I wish he was gone as well. But how would it turn out if he was gone by termination or resignation tomorrow morning? I'm not trying to be a smart@$$, I really just don't know how the rest of the season would shape up.

6. SabanFan

Or maybe even the wife, kids, job, etc...

7. Chase4LSU

Hopefully, this was already taken care of before anyone turned their attention to a football game. Sometimes I wonder about certain people though...

8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Great post. One key to happiness is not letting things that are completely beyond your control upset your inner peace.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Amigo, you learn to put things in proper perspective or you die young of stress. Most people take too long to figure this out. After the game I was sitting on the tailgate mixing a drink when about 6 Tennessee fans came by. These were the only ones that I saw being ugly after the game, but they had this one loudmouth talking crap and cussing every Tigerfan that he passed.

"We got screwed. Fugg LSU. Kiss my ass, you corndog. All you people suck!"

When I was 19, I would have been enraged, popped off an insult, and hurled a whiskey bottle before tattooing Loudmouth and hollering for backup.

At 55, I just laughed at him and said, "Be careful on that long, long drive to Tennessee." Cheeseburgers and beer are going to kill me some day, but stress never will.

If there was ever something that Nick instituted that we should all still follow strictly it is the 24-hour rule.

Never celebrate a win for more than 24 hours before moving on. Never mourn a loss for more than 24 hours either. Move on.

Today is bitch and moan day--blow off some steam. Tomorrow is move on day. We have most of the season left, a good team and we need to get behind them. Berating their coaches 24-7 for the rest of the season is not supporting the team and just generating stress and taking years off our lives.

10. SabanFan

Wow, Red. If not for politics we could be brothers.:thumb: