Words of wisdom

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Oct 3, 2010.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its not near as bad as it seems. we will have the stigma of having the idiot in charge but really, its just gameday management that is horrific.

we are ok in most other areas. we can still win if he accepts his idiocy and gets the **** out of the way like ive been saying.

even if doesnt we can win in spite of him as we often do.

the guys a joke but he means well. hes not a bad dude. look at him like a retarded relative. you love them but dont trust their judgment.

and you cant leave him alone with the kids.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

You have no idea how few people think about LSU football, much less you, long enough to even form an opinion.

I work with thousands of college football fans and nobody has "laughed at me" all day!? And I don't go more than an hour without talking about LSU football with somebody.

So how is it possible that "We" are the laughing stock of "ALL FOOTBALL"? And, really, would you care all that much?

I find most people, when you talk to them about yesterday, barely know what happened, have a vague sense that LSU had another clock management issue, and then - after I laugh about how stupid it was with them - we talk about how tough it's gonna be to beat Florida and Bama.

And then I go back to work.

You should try that - laugh, discuss, finish your donut, go back to work. It's pretty good.

3. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

I'm getting happier by the minute. One more cup and I'll be good to go.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh usually its hyperbole but we are. anyone associated with sports media nationally or locally knows in no uncertain terms we are the laughing stock. he already was- its just many of you failed to see it.

that hurts LSUs cred which is the biggest blow. since hes the face of our program it means LSU = les miles. laughing stock.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I move on so fast... LOL I didnt even watch any post game stuff. Its sunday, more football is on and racing isnt over yet.

I am very passionate about football and drag racing. But you have to move on past a loss. I've won many races and lost a bunch more. Thats racing.

I vent and beat myself up over the losses but not for long. Maybe drink a beer or two with buddies and laugh it off.

I find a cure to the issue , try to fix it then see if it works...

Some things you can fix other things you can't. I cant fix LSU's coaching issues or QB issues so, I just vent and then wait to see if they fixed it next week. Have a couple beers and pull for the team.

JS

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

again. very, very few people actually give a crap about any of this. if you really care about this so called "laughing stock" thing, then I would recommend that you work harder, get out of the house, and spend less time on the internet or listening to sat radio or watching tv or all three. you'll quickly find that less than 2% of Americans have any idea who Les Miles is.

as for hurting the program, please. that's wishful thinking by folks who want miles gone. recruiting has never been this good, winning percentage has never been this good. ticket sales, tailgating have never been this good.

only people complaining mightily right now are the folks who somehow (i still really don't get it) have tied their own personal self esteem to the optics of how lsu wins football games. i got a couple of tweets and an email making fun of lsu so now i can't show my face? is that it? can't be that sad, can it?

7. DisplacedLSUFan

DisplacedLSUFan Veteran Member

I was angry at the end of the game. Angrier than I have been at football in a very long time. I was even angrier than I was last year when it happened with the Ole Miss game.

Why? Because it happened again, and we all know what the common denominator is.

This morning, I'm just irritated because I know that nothing will be done about it. All coaches will remain in place until the season is over. The only thing that they can possibly do is name JL as the starter for next game. I think that if they don't want the voters to drop them down in the polls that they will have to do that at the very least.

Is it all Les Miles fault? No. Would things be better if we had a new OC or HC? Probably, because I don't see how much worse it can get. If you think lesser teams play at a higher level when they play undefeated top 10 teams, imagine how much harder they will play when they know that when the final minute comes ticking, they WILL be in the game and have a chance to win?

Nobody wants their team to be a laughing stock, and I am afraid that is what has happened.

OK, now to go to have lunch with my family.

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I made this same revelation about 2 weeks ago after a vacation. I would just add a few more food items and drinks to that list.

9. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

are you really this serious? National and SEC titles. 4-1 bowl games, most Jan1 games. 59-15 record in the last 5 years. And he is the worst ever?

I understand being pissed at the weak O calls and the messed up ending, but damn the hyperbole has gone wild here.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Over the top.