Words of wisdom

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Oct 3, 2010.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I wear something LSU everyday. Toady and yesterday its been rainy for the first time in a while ( we needed rain ) so I wore my LSU windbreaker/poncho it is bright purple with HUGE lettering on the back that says LSU fighting Tigers.

I am the opposite I wear it and DARE anyone to say something. I'll gladly ask them who their fav college team is and we can compare trophy cases.

2. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

We got Walmarts up here north of the border too. Got my camoLSU cap on lookin good by the way. Had a few snits and giggles. Cant wait till Thanksgiving in War Memorial. By the way, how many more hours do we have for the 24 hours of b!tching before looking to next week?

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This was a red Ralph Lauren cap. It went with my red and black t-shirt. I went LSU-less this morning, and that almost never happens.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm hunting tomorrow. Purple and Gold scares the squirrels.

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Since they are also much thinner now, take a deep breath, walk to the side
    of the TV and exert the same violence on a much smaller target, I think you will be more apt to miss and then will calm down!!!!:)

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I could care less if we are favored in any game. In fact, I'm cool if we were always the underdog and the other team always looking ahead to the next game.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'm living reality, brotha. Florida is beatable. I do not expect LSU to beat them. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the fact that I'm not a miserable prick doesn't mean I have unrealistic expectations.

You have one theme and one mission, Izzy. Les Miles is an idiot. Fire Les Miles.

It's why you don't post much anymore. You don't have anything else to say. Even your posts that don't mention Miles are "unclever", transparent slams at Miles.

It's actually kind of sad. You used to be a great asset to this board. Your hatred of Miles is getting in the way of some good conversatation.

FWIW.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

If there's an embarrassing scandal of an organization I represent professionally every day, then yes - I'm embarrassed. I said that in my post. If I'm not a part of that organization, it doesn't reflect on me. Fans have nothing to do with LSU football except their shared enjoyment of the sport and the spectacle. The university makes money off of that.

Booing reflects on the fanbase. If you are part of the fanbase, I'd say you might feel genuinely embarrassed. Personally, I don't like booing because it hurts the program and is a terrible way to treat the players. I'm not embarrassed because, unfortunately, I'm never able to attend games. If I were at the game, I would've been embarrassed walking out of the stadium. When I get home and I'm no longer associated WITH THAT CROWD OF IDIOTS, then I'm no longer embarrassed.

See how that works?

To tirk's point. If my wife craps her pants...and I'm standing with her...I'm not embarrassed - I'm trying to figure a way to help get her somewhere where SHE doesn't have to feel embarrassed.

There's really no way you can win this argument because you're arguing against the very definition of the word itself. UNLESS - you base your own self worth and self-image off of Les Miles performance. In which case I'd say you've made a serious mistake and have some self-reflecting to do! :rofl:

1 person likes this.