Worse Than Carter

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUDad, Aug 20, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

funny i was going to say the same thing about you guys.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yep sad indeed.

Ive listened to many replays of reagans addresses the last few years and while i was just a lad as he was in office i remember fully well how he was blasted as just a figure head and an actor who was merely a puppet. a know-nothing. I wasnt old enough to form a true opinion but i know I heard that assessment throughout his time in office.

but man this guy knew what was going on. he knew what it was to be an american and was proud to be one. he knew that federal government sucked and had surpassed its role. it wasnt the answer to problems; it was the problem. and he created upwards of 20 million jobs to prove it.

i didnt fully appreciate his values and vision until i've seen this current buffoon in office. they are polar opposites to the core.

one was inspired and proud to be an american. one who knew that a minimal governmental role is ideal. one who made you feel great about your country and what it stood for. you knew america was the greatest nation on earth and stood for what was right.

then you have the apologist, who is seemingly never proud of this country. One who thinks centralized government is the only way. One who specifically creates dependency. I never come away inspired to be an american after listening to him. in fact, just the opposite.

Is he really just this stupid or is he trying to cause as much damage before his term ends?

thats the question i really cannot answer but im leaning toward the latter.

either way, i love what ronald reagan stood for and would like to see someone with that same view be president again. im just not sure if the populace cares enough to see the ****ing difference.

3 people like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

too each his own cousin. what's good for you may not be good for me.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

yep reagan was perfect, deficits and tax increases be damned.
    just a perfect president.:rolleye33:.
    cause thats what you stand for right, low deficits and low taxes, both which reagan increased.

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

i can't stand politicians in general, either side. it's comical to say that obama is worse than w.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's fine if you don't like him but so far all I've seen from you on this subject is that you think he is a racist. Sorry you feel that way because he was anything but. Wilson and FDR were 10X the racist that RWR ever thought about being. I mean he did have something to do with the longest period of peacetime expansion in history. Don't be pissed because he didn't want everyone in the country burning hippie lettuce, snorting coke round the clock or main lining heroin. Your history lesson will expand when I have more time to gather the facts.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

I dont think you understand what this really was.

It was government spending or government stimulus, Reagan lobbied congress to fund all of these defense projects, thats how all those jobs were created, in the defense industry, through mainly government funds.

The 80s werent a grand time for the private industry unless you were in defense, because the bottom fell out of the oil industry and the market crashed in 87.

There some history for you my friend.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Like I said, relax and check back later.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

no need to, you're not talking to a guy who just woke up last night, i know the history of it myself.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yes he spent money on defense and infrastructure improvements. Ya know, the things that sustain a strong country and have a definitive end and a known cost. He did not go around creating huge unfunded entitlements like W did and Barry is striving to do.

We need someone like RR running the big job again. We need someone with a sense of what being American is about not someone modern thinking liberal who doesn't understand liberty.

1 person likes this.