Worse Than Carter

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUDad, Aug 20, 2010.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is about perfect. To me RR embodied the traits of our founders. He was a dude that understood the best thing the government could do was get out of the peoples way and foster a framework where freedom and liberty could thrive.

2. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

And he did it with huge deficit spending. Reagan borrowed money like mad and the country has never stopped, except under Bill Clinton.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And the USSR and The Berlin wall crumbled on Reagan's watch. Comparing Reagan's spending to Obama's spending is like comparing the Yankees to the Cubs. The Yanks spend and win championships. The Cubbies just spend.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I didnt compare him to Obama, I stated facts, he ran up huge deficits, its a debate on ideology, not one man vs the other.
    Im sorry you cant understand that.

Deficits are deficits, last time I checked.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

what infrastructure improvements? what definitive end? a recession, that definitive end?

6. LSUsupaFan

It is not that cut and dry. Reagan employed Keynesian economics of cutting taxes and increasing spending, but his spending was cyclical and contained. You see, Reagan understood Keynes, and he understood what the current administration doesn't understand; that the proper policy in a democracy recognizes that today's increase in debt must be paid in the future. Obama and W. Bush created huge ongoing liabilities that add to the deficit continually.

7. LSUsupaFan

SETI, Star Wars, massive upgrades to the interstate systems. You know projects that have a completion time and a tangible end product. Things that had costs that were measurable and didn't continue forever.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who are you trying to kid? tirk's post criticized Obama and you jumped in like your computer has an alarm to signal anti-Barry posts.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Its pointless to debate someone like you.

Thank you Supafan for a real debate on the merits and not petty pot shots like a 6 year old child. I appreciate it, seriously.