Worst loss.... EVER

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Nov 29, 2002.

1. SuperHog32

SuperHog32 Freshman

Co-Champs my arse

the team that goes to Atlanta, is the champ period.

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: Co-Champs my arse

No, the team that WINS in Atlanta is. They don't hand out rings for "West" or "East" champions, do they?

3. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

One of you mentioned CBS and their commercials. I completely agree. CBS ruins games with all their f____g commercials in both football and basketball. And their announcer sucked, whatever his name was, he made a lot of mistakes. Craig James was cool because he was giving Randall credit where it was due. But CBS is second rate, and I agree about the camera on the goal line and how they should have had it.

The LSU defense knew they stopped that runner short. They all knew it. Bradie James had both feet in front of the goalline when he stopped that guy. But I don't think the bad refs cost LSU the game, I can't go that far. The SEC refs usually make bad calls for both teams.

LSU had the game yesterday and they let it get away.

4. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

It looked like we did stop them at the goal line, but I had no problem with the call because the ref had the best angle. Arkansas beat us fair and square.

5. Natalie_Porkman

Natalie_Porkman Freshman

If we can agree the TD was close, why is it so hard to believe that the slightest bit of the ball crossed the slightest part of the white?

The bottom line is....
    [​IMG]

6. TennesseeTiger

Why can't you agree that Arkansas got a favorable spot there? Same reason we think it wasn't a TD. Because you're an Arkansas fan and you don't want to believe it. If the tables were turned we'd all be thinking 180 degrees differently than we are.

I know I would.

I'll bleed purple and gold forever...and I'll always believe it wasn't a TD.

6 Tigers believed instantly they'd stopped him...the RB had to look for a ref because he wasn't sure. That tells me volumes.

And besides, ONE of the line judges spotted him outside the goal line...one said it was a TD. The officials weren't in agreement at first.

7. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

How sad. I am an LSU fan, but I refuse to blame the refs for that loss. The refs didn't allow the ARK WRs to run past him with 30 seconds left. And who here would've honestly rushed more guys and took players out the secondary to do it when we all knew that ARK was throwing the ball . . . deep.

I am upset that they lost, but it was just a bad break. LSU lost by not executing in the final minute on defense. Nothing else lost that game last night. From everything I have read at the advocate . . . the DBs are saying they knew not to let the WRs get past them. We put extra DBs in the game at that point for that very reason, to not allow a long pass. Does anyone here have a better option for stopping the Hail Mary? Like rushing 8 guys or playing man to man?

The rule on TDs is that the ball has to cross the white line (any portion of the ball and any portion of the white line). If you have the ball and are hovering over the line and then forced back . . . it is still a TD b/c of forward motion. That game was not lost on calls by the refs, and you are cutting both ARK and LSU short to suggest otherwise. Of course it is easier to blame the refs than to watch a team who had trouble moving the ball all night send a WR on a streak route and watch him run past two LSU DDs and catch a 50 yard pass. It is also easier to blame the refs than to understand why a TD pass was throw through 3 LSU defenders (2 of which who were in position to knock the ball away). In any case, LSU lost the game on the field by their own play . . . not by the refs favoring one team over the other. Would anyone here complain if LSU won, and ARK people questioned all those 3rd quarter calls against them?

8. Natalie_Porkman

Natalie_Porkman Freshman

I never said I believe it was a TD. I'm open to the idea that it wasnt. But with it being so close and with the camera angles, I don't know why the possibility that he might have gotten an inch over the line for even a tenth of a second is impossible. It was too close to be so convinced.

I just hope most LSU fans are like LSUfan (the previous poster) and don't turn into Raider fans over this. Bad call or not LSU should have won.

[​IMG]

9. TennesseeTiger

I never said it was impossible...but it sure looked improbable. You know, it seems that if LSU fans have a gripe, we're wrong. If the Pig fans feel a certain way, well...they must be right. After all, they won!

LSU's WR's got hit early all game long, but we're whining if we mention it, accoring to the Pig fans I've read in here.

If we think that it wasn't a TD, we're whining to mention it.

If that TD had been ruled that it wasn't a TD, we'd be having these conversations differently. You know it, and we know it.

I think it's high time the Arkansas fans move on to the Georgia boards and leave us LSU fans to commiserate. You won...it's official...congratulations. There's nothing we can change by griping. But, it's a free country and we're exercising our freedom of speech.

I just hope that every LSU player that is on the team next year makes a note of the Arkansas game and gets after them. I don't want one TD/No TD to be a factor. I want to be reading about Pig fans complaining that we ran up the score. That's whining I can really love to read!

Good luck in Atlanta and Nashville. I just read on ESPN that Arkansas will be in the Music City Bowl if they don't beat Georgia.

10. TennesseeTiger

I don't blame the refs for the loss. The loss was the defense's breakdown. However, I still have a problem with that call. It's my right...last time I checked, this was the USA and not some third-world country where you agree and never question it.

I accept what happened yesterday. I've said elsewhere in the forums that we need to get over it and move on. Let's look forward to the bowl, signing day and next season. I am not bitter over the loss. If I were, I wouldn't have been able to function today. I spent the day decorating the outside of our house with lights. I played with my little boy. It was a great day.

What happened yesterday doesn't affect my life in any way other than having to put up with the UT fans at work Monday. But I still reserve my right to believe that it wasn't a TD.