Worst Officiated Game I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by slippery pete, Oct 21, 2007.

1. slippery pete

slippery pete Founding Member

I'm normally not the type of person to blame officials, however...

That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen.

I wonder how much Auburn paid to get those guys in their back pocket?

I won't even mention the holding that went on ALL night. Let's just say that after this game, the Auburn statastician should create a tackles column for their offensive linemen.

That was the most glaring thing.

The cheap shot on Dorsey, well, I thnk we all feel the same about that and about their head coach (I refuse to even say that SOB's name) and that POS lineman (I don't like wishing hateful sh*t on a young man, but he could have ended Dorsey's football career, he'll get what he deserves).

The helmet to helmet? What year was it that they called the "Leaping" penalty on the field goal or the extra point? 2004 or 2005?

Again, that's a call that will be NEVER called again this year. I can't even remember the last time I saw that called! It's different when it's on a Quarterback and you lead with your head, but to call that on a tackle... Jesus, what a sh*t call.

I never complain like this, and I know I sound like a War Chicken right now and I also know that we won the game, I just can't believe how BAD that game was officiated.

Like they said on Gameday last night... LSU is battle tested after the last 3 weeks. They've been through everything you could go through this year football-wise.

The bye week is here, our boys need the rest. We all know what's next.

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

this game was another in a long list of poorly SEC-officiated games, but you're absolutely delusional if you think it favored AU .......

it's part of CFB. No whining ........

1 person likes this.
  3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Must not have been enough. If you take those P&G glasses off for just a second, you'd see we got two very favorable calls. I haven't seen the entire replay of the game yet, but I did fast forward to a few plays ... the Hester TD where they picked up the illegal formation flag and the spot on Murphy's run. Both calls were very generous to LSU.

How they missed the block on Dorsey in beyond me. Typical SEC officiating.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Err... you just did? I agree though, I thought I saw LSU defensive jerzeys yanked this way and that on more than one play, but maybe our offense got away with some holds too. I know we got a favorable spot at one point. Tuberville didn't question it, though.

Saying this was the worst called game ever is really something. There have been some doozies.

The helmet to helmet has been called before - it may have been borderline, but I don't think it was awful. I think both sides witnessed some poor officiating, but that isn't surprising. It's a tough job, so I try not to be too rough on refs and expect some bullcrap calls.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I caught another brief glimpse of Dorsey getting cut blocked this morning on ESPN but didn't have the volume up to hear what they had to say. Any chance the Auburn guy was blocked into his leg?

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I suspect most woudl agree that the Richard Murphy run was a very favorable one; however, if he came up short, you can bet on it they would have gone for it on fourth down and would have gotten it. About the Hester TD and illegal formation flag, which one are you referring to?

I hope Dorsey's knee is OK...hopefully no collateral ligament injuries, based on how the leg was hit. Any word on it???

7. TigerWins

Nope, none. As soon as he snapped the ball, he dove for Dorsey's leg while he was engaged with the OG. There is no doubt in my mind it was an old-fashioned cut.

Lucky for Dorsey he wasn't seriously injured. Reported as a sprain knee.

8. slippery pete

slippery pete Founding Member

Man, after re-reading what I posted it did sound bad. I didn't mean for it to come off like that, I know there were favorable calls for LSU, I just failed to mention them.

I guess I'm just frustrated because this game was similar to last weeks game, another badly officiated game for both sides.

9. TigerWins

The swing pass to Hester inside the 10 where he dove for the goal and it was reviewed. The ref threw a flag at the snap, then waved it off after the review. CBS showed a replay with only 6 guys on the line and it appeared LaFell was not on the line.

10. SJS101

SJS101 Founding Member

No chance at all he was blocked into Dorsey to be honest. The jackhole in question had no one lined up in front of him and he was not blocking any other defender. He simply dove into Dorsey's right knee with intentions of hurting him badly. No other motive can be justified by this dirty play other than intent to cause injury. Whether or not it was coached or it was the frustration of a 19 y/o kid it irrelevent. This bastard should lose his scholarship and be suspended for a while. Dirty, dirty, dirty malicious play.