Worst Officiated Game I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by slippery pete, Oct 21, 2007.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Yes, we all know that just doesn't happen, does it?

Your contention is that the block was bad and intentionally made, but not with intent to hurt. Even though the block is prohibited for the very reason that career ending injuries are often the result. Bit of a stretch there for me, but I will let you have it. Time will tell in that boy's career if he plays like that in the future. LSU won't forget it, I assure you.

Your other contention is that the ref didn't "miss the call", merely his interpertation was wrong. I disagree with that as well, and I am sure the play is being submitted to the proper conference authorities to insure that this crew and Auburn avoid blocks like this in the future. This was not an overly aggressive play in the heat of battle, or a holding penalty, or pass interference. Those plays rarely result in serious injury, but the intentional block by your lineman most often does. I like you as a poster and I respect your loyalty to your program, but attempting to mitigate this on a LSU board when the rest of the country saw things the same way as we have, just seems misguided.

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

are you saying the ref saw it but intentionally ignored it? (honest question)

I mean, that's my issue here. I definitely would've thrown a flag based on my interpretation, but I can't speak for the ref. Seems absurd to me.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Absolutely not. I am saying he missed the call. I see it in games all the times. Certainly in SEC games, and most assuredly in games betwen Auburn and LSU. He did not misinterpret it, he totally blew it.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

to say it was anything other than a stupid, illegal, dirty block is silly. the sorry bastid is a marked man.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

did they review the formation? i know thats what ctt was ticked about but i assumed they were reviewing the td.

oh, and, wrt the illegal chip, you do realize it is the same OL that was thrown on his back by dorsey earlier? not that it means he was trying to hurt him, but at the very least he said "screw the rules. he's going on the ground"

6. GarlicMeatball

GarlicMeatball Founding Member

The officiating was not good but it was not even close to the worst that I have ever seen, just think about the terrible calls or non-calls at Auburn last year. Now that could have been the worst ever.

7. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

The refs interpretation? You would have to be a moron to think anyone could look at that play and say it was a legal block. To try and defend it or say that the ref could have seen it any other way than a illegal chop block is a bad choice on your part.
    I understand you said you would have thrown a flag, lets leave it at that.

8. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

On the Hester TD and review, the ref on the far side is the one who dropped the flag. During the review the ref's got together and must have come to the conclusion with the input from the ref next to the player in question that he was far enough up on the line to not warrant a penalty.

Sounds good right?, cause I really have no clue.....:lol:

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I suspected this, but had to do a little research before I wanted to post the note...

Wagers crew on your game. Wagers crew on a game people pointed to against Arkansas this year. Wager crew on the 12 men on the field, Arkansas 2004.

Get this. I'm sure you guys remember Alabama fans talking about the no-call with Keith Brown being shoved in the end zone in '03. It was talked about for years.

Penn Wagers crew, once again.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Some of you need to take those P&G glasses off.

These calls happen every game, you just notice them b/c
    A. You want to. or B. It was a close game.