Worst Officiated Game I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by slippery pete, Oct 21, 2007.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Another "punt"? I thought you like touchdowns:hihi:

2. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Stop lying TB...You know you have a secret crush on Bama too! :thumb: :rofl:

btw, this thread is great... :lol:

[​IMG]

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

auburn line was holding all night, I saw it on 5-6 occasions even as the camera was following the ball away from the line.

that being said, the officials seemed to have a loose attitude towards Lin of scrimmage play all night for both sides and were concentrating their calls elsewhere.

no crying or whining just saw it on the tube calling it like i saw it. its football it happens, got to take the bad with the good.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Penn Wagers (head ref for this game) explained his crews attitude on holding being called. It was along the lines of "if it doesn't directly have an impact on the play itself, it's not called."

That is the pure definition of "subjective calls."

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think on more than one instance LSU would have gotten to the QB if not for being held. Wow. It may have worked both ways, I wasn't scrutinizing how much LSU was holding, but I'm not too impressed with this defense of not throwing the flag.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I was sitting in the studio with the host of the show when he made the comment. Seriously, jaw dropped open! Un-freakin' believable.

As example, holding on the LDE when the QB is rolling to the right...how the hell do you know he wouldn't have beaten his block and made a sack.

It's one of those things that happens on both sides of the ball. Almost, as much as receivers pushing off a little to catch the ball. That has to rate as the second biggest "no call."

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

small hands, :lol:

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the thing that first popped into my head was what happens if there is a penalty against the D on a play with an Off holding non-call? will wagers wait to throw a flag til after he hears what team the other flag is on?

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

First thrown, first served?

Considering how many calls his crew has missed/blown, what ticks me off the most is how he talks about how they review the game tapes during a self-evaluation.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very nice guy and knows the rule book back and forth. But, little does that help in game situations.