Worst officiating call v. AU...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUray, Sep 20, 2004.

1. LSUray

LSUray Founding Member

I am in no way saying the refs lost the game for LSU. LSU did that easily on their own. However, how terrible was the referee's spot of the football that Dwayne Bowe caught at the 14 late in the 3rd quarter? He definitely caught the ball past the line and the ref spotted the ball at the 12 where he was knocked back to. What should have been first down became 4th and we had to punt. This kept field position in Auburn's favor, when another 1st down or two could have shifted it. This was the only wrong call I saw in the game (the ep was a correct call but at the wrong time), and it was never even discussed by the announcers(who were terribly biased I may add and had orgasms for Auburn whenever they could).

2. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

I remember that play and commenting about how bad the spot was.

3. shel311

shel311 Founding Member

While I totally agree that it was one of the worse spots I have ever seen, off by 2 yards, we didn't get hurt by field position. If u remember right, that play was the last play of the 3rd quarter. We then switched sides and the very next play we punted, and the Auburn guy muffed it and it went right into the hands of Daniel Francis, so we ironically gained about 30-35 yards because of the bad spot. We took over at the 45 yard line, and ended having to punt.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

But to miss the spot by 1 1/2 yards is unforgivable.

5. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

What about restarting the clock after the Auburn fumble that Travis Daniels recovered out of bounds (which I'm still not totally sure of, but there was no clear cut TV angle of)? The ball should have been dead and the clock stopped. But the officials started the clock back up when the ball was spotted and the play clock started.

But, we had plenty of opportunities to win the game and we didn't execute. We have no one to blame but ourselves.