Worst softball call, EVER.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TerryP, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There you have it. The girls are used to the different style of pitching and once in a while may even take one yard. Instead of some silly exhibition where a big leaguer comes to the plate once and probably for the first time in his life against a girl softball pitcher let him get adjusted to the game of softball and you really see balls flying out.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Welp, that might be one of the weirdest comments you've ever made. Honestly, it's written as if it's from someone who just doesn't follow the sport.

It's pretty easy to understand this, Shane. I don't believe you could hit one of them. MLB guys haven't been but oh, when you were spry!

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If the reaction time is the same, and it's considered good to hit three of ten in baseball, you're not going to "see balls flying out." You'll see them adjust, sure.

It's not very common to see these ladies take full swings as it is today--the numbers of slappers is a good place to start.

On a bit of a related note, look at the movement on this pitch.

https://twitter.com/CoachLisle/status/795361823075618816

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Or maybe the girls are better than they get credit for. I think the point was that it ain't a cakewalk.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oh it's definitely no cakewalk. But men play fast pitch softball too and throw a lot harder than Finch who threw about 65mph.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Again I ask you, how on earth does anyone ever make contact then?

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Years, and years, and years of practice? Versus, say, dreaming of the days when we were spry with an overblown sense of just how good of a batter we were?

UGA leads the nation right now in BA at .387. Their best is a slapper—getting the bat in front of the ball versus taking a full swing.

Remember Shane, this wasn't about you making contact. It was about ...

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's roughly about 8-10 mph faster than your fastest softball pitchers (75-78 area.) Imagine that reaction time in comparison to MLB pitchers. That's got to be equivalent to 100+ mph, I'd think.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You have no clue as to what kind of hitter I am. Never said I would go 6/10 or anything like that and I am well aware that it is not an easy task. Don't come in here and tell me it can't be done though. That's bullshit

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You're right. I have no clue what kind of hitter you are. I had no idea you played MLB. Oh shit, wait.