Worst softball call, EVER.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TerryP, Mar 16, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did I ever make that claim?

Don't get your panties in a twist because 1. Almost all girl Sports suck and 2. Because I can hit some chics riser.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like it better when chicks hit my riser.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The OP was regarding a high school game so it can't and shouldn't be compared to college. College softball is fun to watch IMO. Women's basketball? Hell to the N....O. The game and the players have changed. They now look like a buncha fat lazy turds....don't know when it happened but it's a no-watch-ever for me.

Baseball players who try to step usually fail because as Tiga said, the ball is delivered underhand, on the rise, as opposed to downhill/overhand. The spin is also different.

This video has been posted before...

At 95 mph, a baseball pitch generated 2,411 lbs of force. Jenny's pitch at 65/70 broke the machine.
    At 95 mph and 60 feet, batters have .395 milliseconds of time to react. At 43 feet and 70 mph, batters have .350.

What you have in softball is a lot of small ball and base running strategy. The balance is the serious contact that results in a homerun. It's not always a fastball. Change ups get a lot of batters as does the low and in. Pitchers try to jam a batter, get a couple pitches close that give them the edge and then they have room to throw some junk that the batter has to go after. Batters often put their bats into constant slow swing mode or even position the bat over the plate while in the box. Both are strategies to hit a fastball. Sometimes you have to have your swing already in motion and learn to hold. You see plenty of check-swing appeals to the 1st base ump....way more than in baseball.

It wasn't the worst call ever and I doubt he got embarrassed.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Please. I mean...please. If you think your overblown sense of athleticism creates the slightest emotional reaction you've got an overblown sense of self-importance as well. I'm not going to sit here and tout what my athletic ability was when I was "spry." Having faced a couple of D1 pitchers I know the difficulty. It's that experience that makes me say I don't believe you when you say you could hit one of them.

'Taint a big deal, Shane. I find this conversation akin to those that say women shouldn't be calling sports events. Sure, some are unbearable. That doesn't do others justice.

I can think of one women's sporting event that I'd have a hard time watching habitually—basketball. I look at tennis, softball, gymnastics, golf, soccer, and a few others in a completely different light.

5. shane0911

I already said that, isn't that how this whole thing got started?

Oh and your inability to hit D1 pitching has absolutely no correlation to my ability to hit a windmill softball pitch. Deal with it jackie

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Nobody calls it windmill anymore. That stopped about, oh, 20 years ago.

I won't argue fitness, current or previous, but were you to face a current top D1 pitcher today, my money is on her.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Now this shit right here is entertaining.....
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19019731

War chicken Haley Fagan, puts her hand down before she gets to Gata coach Walton, Walton hits her shoulder instead, Fagan turns and shoves him in the back, they exchange words.

Fagan's two older sisters were kicked off the Gata team 5 years ago for alleged racist postings and a fight with teammates that left the team divided. One went to Missouri, the other went to Arkansas. Another player involved went to ASU.

Both the player and the coach were wrong here but Walton owns the bigger responsibility. I watched it a bunch of times....that hit on the shoulder looks intentional to me.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Oh woe,.. the humanity !

9. shane0911

No doubt, I'd bet out of 10 I put 1 of em in play

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Lol maybe the spry you

Bengal B likes this.