worst spring fishing weather I can remember but crawfish and freshwater stuff still good

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Apr 12, 2016.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

So far this spring has to be the worst I can remember as far as the wind and big rains keeping the water nasty. things started off great catching good boxes of trout in Feb in spots that normally dont get going till mid march into april but the wind and dirty water has shut all that down or least kept it to where cant get to em. anyways stayed outside all weekend scouting out some new ground for turleys Sat(total bust) then boiled a sack of crawfish sat afternoon and sunday evening finally got a chance to take the kids fishing a little in between school dance tball and freaking birthday parties......just went to the pond and got em on a mess of catfish with a few big bull red bellies in the mix. Took a couple pics of the fish but didnt come out of the fish as I guess it was to dark and i didnt check the pic before moving on to cleaning so only pic was one of my girl holding a couple bugs and of the biggest bluegill my boy caught but he wasnt in it unfortunately.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Raising em right!

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

those bluegill are the best eatin as far as I am concerned. Planning a trip now down to Lake Moultrie, SC for late May. Never been before but supposed to be the best panfishing in the Carolinas...we'll see. Thanks for the pics; always enjoy!

4. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

this is getting beyond ridiculous. going on 3 days of steady rain and the entire MS sound looks like a mudhole plus 15-20+ winds the next several days after the rain finally clears. I am starting to have withdrawls or something. Left eye has developed a twitch and i keep elbowing the wife at night in my sleep dreaming about setting the hook into a big speck. The freshwater stuff can only appease for so long.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I hear ya. Since my last trip about a month ago (and we fought wind and muddy water then), it just hasn't been worth pulling the boat out.