Worst Tasting Food Item you've ever eaten.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Mr. Peabody, Dec 15, 2007.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Liver . . . any liver. I won't enter a room where liver is being cooked. Don't even say "liver" too loudly or I'll gag.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't like liver or cabbage. I hate the texture of things like bananas (though I like the flavor), onions (like the flavor), peas, or beans (I don't even like the flavor of the latter two.)

I like some fish, like catfish and redfish, stuff that's white and flaky, but I'm not interested in salmon or tuna.

I tasted anchiovies in a Caesar salad once and almost puked.

I've never tried sweet potatoes because they just seem gross.

But probably one of the worst things I've ever tasted was some Indian "candy" that one of my students brought to class about 8 or 9 years ago. She wanted to bring this candy to share with her class, so she had it delivered to the front office, and they delivered it to my room on my off period.

I actually decided to taste it first, so I did. It defies description, but I spit it out into the trashcan, then went to find a mint to get rid of the taste.

When class came that afternoon, I told her that I was on a diet, so I couldn't eat it. It was difficult watching the kids' faces as they tried to get that stuff down without hurting the girl's feelings.

1 person likes this.
  3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sweetbreads.

I had a business meeting at Antoine's in NO back when I was young and trying to climb the corporate ladder. Don't remember the dish exactly, but it said something to the effect "with sweetbreads." I can remember trying to act all professional and not some silly coonass from south Louisiana during this meeting ... that went out the door when the gagging started.:hihi:

Yeah, it's not really sweet bread.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Can't believe all the hate on liver and sweet potatoes. Smothered chicken liver over mashed potatoes is a childhood favorite of mine. My wifes family loves sweet potatoes, so I have grown to like them.

I'm not very fond of seafood quiche.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Real men dont eat quiche! :nope: Liver rules IF you cook it right. Soak liver in milk for a day and you have a whole new ball game. :thumb:

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Did I mention cabbage and tomatoes? Okay, tomatoes aren't the worst, but I hate them. I also got stranded on a boat way offshore, and we were sinking so we thought we might eat what we could. We eat raw dolphin and bonito. Yummy.

Ive had horse too, wouldn't recommend it. It seemed like a dogs chew toy that tasted like fish oil and rubber.
    - disclaimer: I didnt know it was horse until after I ate it.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wow lots of good ones on here already. I could go with liver, the more you chew it the bigger it gets. Menudo is awful, olives of any color and kimchi. All horrible imo.

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Choupique. The more I chewed it, the bigger it got.

Hog head cheese is pretty gross.

Sweet potatoes seemed to make the babies gassy as I remember.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Potted meat.

10. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

As they say, contains everything from the snoot to the poot.:lol: